THE SUNDAY SCOOP!
Parent Updates - October 9, 2022
Traduccion en Espanol
- Para ver el boletin en Espanol haga click en el cuadrado negro ubicado en la parte derecha donde dice "Translate Newsletter"
- Cuando llegue aqui haga clic en la flecha que apunta hacia abajo y escoja el idioma "Spanish"
- On behalf of our staff I want to thank you for the amazing support you showed at our Grandaprents/Special Friends day this past Friday. The total attendance for the event was 402 people! That is the most ever in attendance for this event!
- WATCH D.O.G.S is back! Clear here to sign up for an info session regarding this amazing program.
- Our BookWorm Central Book Fair is here!. See the flyer below for the details about this year's Fair!
- Omegaman is coming to EMES this week on Thurssday. This is a growth mindset and anti-bullying assembly for all students. Thank you PTA!
- Come join us for Spirit Night at Bruster's Ice Cream on Wednesday from 5-7 PM. There will be special guest scoopers on site! Don't forget to let them know you are supporting EMES!
- Our After School Enrichment Program (ASEP) starts this week. For those students who are registered you should have received the information regarding your child's enrollment.
- Our staff and students are having a wonderful time celebrating Hispanic Heritage month! As your child to share with you the person that they chose to study this month for our daily news presentation.
SOCIAL EMOTIONAL LEARNING SPOTLIGHT!
PTA NEWS AND NOTES!
Your child brought home a flyer for our annual PTA Reflections contest. This is an opportunity to show creativity using the theme “Show your Voice”! The categories include music composition, dance, visual art, literature and film/photography. Email Brittany Zinck at firstname.lastname@example.org to submit your child’s entry by October 28th! All participants will earn an incentive for his/her class and be entered to win a prize for K-2 or 3rd-5th categories.
ASEP registration has closed! Just a reminder to registrants that all programs will begin on October 11th with the exception of 3rd-5th graders PE on the Go which will begin October 12th.
Finally, our Fall Festival will take place on October 21st! This large event requires a lot of helping hands! We are still in need of volunteers for running carnival style games/stations. Please see the sign-up genius below for openings! https://www.signupgenius.com/go/8050844aaaa28a2f94-emes
Please "like" our Evergreen Mill Elementary School PTA page
on Facebook for reminders!
You can also bookmark our announcements page on our website for info! https://evergreenmill.memberhub.com/w/announcements
Purchasing A Charger for your Child's Chromebook
Here is a video you can watch if you need to purchase a new charger. The cost for a new charger is $30.00.
TECHNOLOGY QUESTIONS AND SUPPORT
For Schoology questions or questions regarding instructional software: Email your child's teacher or email@example.com
For Chromebook repair/replacement: Email firstname.lastname@example.org
For immediate help: DDI-TechnologySupportCenter@lcps.org ✉
Need a Hot Spot? Email email@example.com
General Technology Support: Email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
THIS WEEK AT A GLANCE
BOOK FAIR WEEK THIS WEEK!
October 11 - ASEP Begins
October 12 - Spirit Night at Brusters Ice Cream from 5-7 PM
October 13 - School Assembly - Omegaman
EVERGREEN MILL FAMILY LIAISON - MRS. GHAZALA SHAFFI
- ParentVUE Coordinator
- Backpack Buddies Coordinator
- Assisting parents with school forms and making appointments for teacher conferences
- Connecting parents with community resources to address families needs for food, clothing, medical care, counseling and other vital services.
- Coordinating community outreach events.
Mrs. Shaffi's hours at EMES are M-F 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM.