LEAD | Dallas ISD
Leader Excellence, Advancement & Development
Reminder - Today is the Deadline!
UPDATED Frequently Asked Questions
1. What kind of time commitment is involved in the leadership seminars? and the on-site observations?
There will only be three leadership seminars. These seminars will be after school so as to not interfere with normal job duties. Additionally, the on-site observations will be of normal assistant principal responsibilities: coaching teachers, leading PLCs or PD sessions, and conducting instructional planning sessions.
2. What if I'm unsure if I am ready to be a principal?
Talk to your principal. Ask for feedback and then make that determination. Additionally, participating in the various stages would only give more insight and feedback on any areas in which to grow.
3. The application states we must upload our most recent evaluations. How can I do this when we haven't received our scorecards this year?
- Scorecards are not needed. The performance evaluations that were given in the spring are sufficient.
4. Do I list my executive director as a reference?
- No, applicants should list their principals as a reference. The principals will receive a reference form in which they are asked to rate the candidate and to upload a letter of recommendation. At the bottom of the reference form, the principals will enter the Executive Directors’ email address. A form will automatically be generated to the executive director for their approval or denial of the recommendation.
5. How do I apply for the LEAD program?
The LEAD program is not a program for individuals to join. It is a program within Office of School Acceleration & Leadership Advancement. LEAD is spearheading various principal pipeline initiatives, including the new hiring process for principals.
6. Which job posting do I apply for if I am wanting to be a principal next year?
2019-2020 Campus Leadership: Principal - Internal Candidate Only
7. How will I know if I am selected for the Assessment Center?
Applicants will be notified regarding meeting initial qualifications and advancement to the assessment center stage.
8. Why is the application due so early?
- Our new process allows School Leadership to have multiple opportunities to assess applicants in their skills as potential principals. As vacancies arise, executive directors will have a comprehensive assessment of potential candidates, allowing for identification of best fit and matching to specific school needs.
9. If I am selected for the Principal Candidate Pool, am I guaranteed a principal position?
No, entry into the Principal Candidate Pool provides no guarantee you will be selected as a principal. Individuals in this approved pool will be the group of candidates in which the executive directors will utilize as potential interviewees for vacancies.
10. What if I make it to the Principal Candidate Pool, but I am not selected for a principal position?
Individuals that are selected for the Principal Candidate Pool but are not selected for a principal position will be automatically entered into the Principal Candidate Pool for the upcoming year.
11. If I decide in the spring that I would like to apply for a principal position, will I be able to apply?
No, the deadline to apply is no later than September 30th.
Check out the job description, qualifications, basic functions and required documents.