James Hart School Update
Wednesday, October 14, 2020
Students should be active participants in online learning; being on time to Zoom classes, keeping their camera on during class, and asking and answering questions. Students can also receive help from specific teachers daily during Panther Time and on Fridays. We strongly encourage parents to log into Parent Portal to check grades on a weekly basis with your child.
The class periods on Fridays will be used for:
- Office Hours
- Extra Help
- Make-Up Assignments
- Asynchronous Learning
Students will be informed by their teachers which periods they need to report to on Fridays. Students will be marked absent if they do not show up for a required class period.
Why do we take the STAR Assessment?
- To see what students have already learned—and what they’re ready to learn next.
- To gauge the effectiveness of instruction, so they can make adjustments when necessary.
- To identify students who are struggling and may need extra support.
- To see how students are performing against grade-level standards.
Schedule for October 21st:
8:10am-9:30am-Math STAR Assessment
10:00am-11:20am-ELA STAR Assessment
12:00pm-2:30pm-BCO, Interventions, Asychronous Learning
- Encourage your child to take their time and do their best.
- Make sure students have a quiet space to take the STAR assessment.
- Please remind your child to keep their camera on during the STAR assessment.
We ask that you avoid helping your child answer test questions: encourage them to select the best choice, to ensure we receive accurate results that can be used to support your child’s learning.
Picture Retake Day
- Monday, October 19, 2020-Picture Retake Day, 2-5pm, James Hart Sports Complex
- Wednesday, October 21, 2020-STAR Testing
- Thursday, October 29, 2020-6th Grade Harvest Handout, 4:30pm-6:30pm
- Monday, November 2, 2020-Remote Planning Day, No School for Students
- Tuesday, November 3, 2020-Election Day, No School for Students
- Friday, November 20, 2020-End of 1st Trimester