By: Emily Klement
It is widespread in the wild across much of Eurasia and North American, and is cultivated for culinary and medicinal purposes in many lands
It is a perennial herb cultivated for the use of its aromatic leaves in seasoning, salads, etc.
Cream Chicken Recipe
Common Culinary Uses
Tarragon comes dried or fresh and is usally used in savory dishes. Generally, the herb is added at the final moment to the recipes in small amounts in order to retain flavor and taste.
· Antioxidant Properties
· Toothache Remedy
· Appetite Stimulant
· Digestive Aid
· Heart Health
· Female Health
· Eye Function
· Building Muscle Mass/Weight Control
- Tarragon essential oil, estragole, may cause skin irritation in some individuals.
- Fresh tarragon is used in green salad.
- Tarragon tea may help cure insomnia.
- also known as dragon wort