Bertram Family Connection
October 4th, 2021
- Week of October 4th-8th: National Fire Prevention Week
- Tuesday, October 5th: National Night Out hosted at Bertram Elementary 5:30-8:30 pm
- Monday, October 11th: Regular School Day for Students
- Wednesday, October 13th: GT Parent Informational Night at Bertram - 5:30pm
- Thursday, October 14th: Coffee with the Superintendent, Parent Resource Center
- Thursday, October 14th: GT Parent Information Night at Shady Grove - 5:30pm - Changed to Tuesday, October 12th
- Tuesday, October 19th: PTO Fundraiser Kick-Off - Adventure Dash
- Friday, October 22nd: Smart Smiles
- Week of October 25th-29th: Red Ribbon Week
- Thursday, October 28th: Adventure Dash Fun Run During Activity Classes
- Friday, October 29th: Bulldog Boogie Assembly for 2nd 6 Weeks & End of 2nd 6 Weeks
- Monday, November 1st: Student Holiday - NO SCHOOL
The BCISD 2021-2022 school calendar can be accessed here. Be sure to mark your calendars!
National Night Out - October 5th 5:30pm-8:30pm - FREE!
Please keep toys and cards at home
Teachers will communicate specific dates throughout the year when students can bring these types of items. Toys or other items that interfere with your child's learning may be collected by their teacher and returned at the end of the day. If a student persistently brings items to school that interferes with his or her learning, the items may be turned into the office for a parent to pick up.
School Climate Survey For Families
We want to hear about your experience with your student’s education. We invite you to participate in completing the School Climate Survey. This survey includes questions about your student’s learning, school safety, and interpersonal relationships, as well as your attitudes about the institutional environment and your personal involvement in school. Your responses will be very helpful in improving student relationships, learning conditions, and the overall school environment.
Beginning today, October 1st, we invite all parents, guardians, and caretakers to complete this survey for our school. The survey is completely anonymous and brief; it contains 21 questions and takes about 10-15 minutes to complete.
You can take the survey online by using the following link here. Please submit your responses by October 19th, 2021. All your responses are completely anonymous. We have no way to connect you to your answers, and results will only be reported as group responses.
There are no right or wrong answers. We just want to know about your personal experiences. As you respond to each item, think about your own personal experiences as a parent, caregiver, or guardian at Bertram Elementary. Please answer all of the questions, or your answers won’t be recorded, but you can mark “I prefer not to answer” if you don’t want to answer a question about yourself. We hope you will take the time to provide us with this valuable information.
Feel free to call our office at 512-355-2111 if you have any questions. Our school’s total survey results will be used to inform and develop appropriate strategies, procedures, and/or programs to enhance our school climate. The link to complete the survey is here.
Thank you for your time and participation!
We need your help! - School Meal Application
Free and Reduced Meal Application - please create or sign in to your account
A Note from the Transportation Department
As a reminder, BCISD allows students to have one pickup location and one dropoff location for eligible bus riders. Students may not use the bus service as transportation to friend's homes or to ride to alternative addresses. For students with multiple home addresses due to a divorce decree or other court order, please ensure documentation is on file with the office.
When we receive a request for a child to ride home with a friend, we must verify with the transportation department that your child is routed for the bus. If your child is not routed, they will not be able to ride.
Thank you for your cooperation.
Accessing Progress Reports and Report Cards in Skyward
Fun Run Schedule for Thursday, October 28th
PreK- 11:55 am -12:45 pm
Kinder - 1:35 pm - 2:25 pm
1st - 2:25 pm - 3:15 pm
2nd - 8:40 am - 9:30 am
3rd - 10:35 am - 11:25am
4th - 7:45am - 8:35am
5th - 9:40 am - 10:30 am
Teachers & staff have shared a few of their favorite things. If you are looking to celebrate or appreciate your teacher click here. Staff are listed alphabetically by last name.
Please complete the Self Reporting Form to report a case of COVID-19 or orders to quarantine due to close contact from a medical professional. This form is for both students and campus visitors.
Transportation Changes Information
Our school is growing and it is important that everyone know and follow the transportation change process.
- If your child has a change in transportation, please email email@example.com by 1:30 pm. This includes daily changes and permanent changes. Please indicate in your email if the change is just for today or if it is for every day.
- At 1:30 pm, this email box is checked for a final time and all changes will be made.
- After 1:30 pm, we print the transportation lists for teachers and dismissal staff.
- No changes will be accepted after this time.
- If you have an emergency, you may call and speak to Mrs. Harris about the situation and we will work together to support your student.
- Voicemails, notes, text messages, phone calls, and emails to any other email address are not acceptable changes of transportation and will not be processed.
- We do not accept transportation changes from students. Parents and guardians must communicate any changes by using the firstname.lastname@example.org email address.
Drop Off and Campus Visitors - Extended through October 20th
Starting Thursday, August 19th through October 20th, families and visitors will need to check in with their ID in the office starting at 7:25 am in order to walk to classrooms. Families and visitors will not be able to enter the classroom.
To ensure that all students are adequately supervised, teachers are not available for parent conferences at this time.
Once instruction begins at 7:40 am, families and visitors will not be permitted to walk to classrooms unless they have a prearranged meeting with a teacher or staff member.
Birthday Treats & Forgotten Lunches
Birthday celebrations are reserved for the last 15 minutes of the day. Please communicate with your child's teacher if you intend to send in treats. They will be able to let you know the specific time.
At this time, parents may not visit the classroom for birthday celebrations.
If your child forgets their lunch, you may drop it off at the office. If your child does not have a lunch at lunchtime, they will be served a free hot lunch.
Click here to log into Skyward Family Access to view your student's grades, attendance, progress reports, and report cards.
Complete an application for FREE or REDUCED priced lunch here. You can also add money to your child's lunch account by logging here.
Bertram Elementary School
- 7:15am Student Drop Off/ Breakfast
- 7:25am Office Opens
- 7:40am School Begins
- 7:45am Students arriving after this time are marked tardy
- 9:00am Students not in attendance are marked absent
- 1:30pm Any transportation changes DUE, please email: email@example.com
- 2:30pm All Early Checkouts must be complete - Remember to bring your picture ID to complete early check out
- 3:20pm Student Dismissal
- 3:45pm Office/School Closes