Weekly Updates from Mrs. K
May 6, 2022
From the Principal's Office
It would seem we are losing much more than we are finding in our Lost & Found. We will have all "lost" items on display on the tables out on the playground during Open House on Tuesday night from 6:00-7:00pm.
Attention 1st Grade Parents
Wilson Elementary - Teacher Request Form
Please use this form to indicate any special requests you may have for your child's teacher next year. Keep in mind that we have incredible new teachers that move into grade levels each year so try and keep your comments focused on teacher attributes vs. teacher names wherever possible.
You Belong in the Zoo!
First Grade had a roaring good time on Thursday at the Sacramento Zoo! They have been studying various types of animals and their adaptations for survival for many weeks.
- Here’s a scenario: Your friend June told you that your friend Rachel has been talking about you behind your back. When you ask Rachel if that’s true, she said no, that she didn’t say anything. What do you do?
- Sometimes, people cheat or do no not play by the rules when they are playing a game. How do you think they feel if they win the game by cheating? Do you think it is better to cheat and win or be honest and lose?
- Share a time when someone was dishonest with you. What happened? How did that impact your relationship with the other person?
Questions You Could Ask
- Which one is worse to you: lying, cheating, or stealing? Explain your answer.
- How important is it to you that your friends are honest? When your friends are dishonest with you, how does it make you feel? What should you do about it?
- When is it most difficult for you to tell the truth? Have you ever felt like I’ve lied to you? How did that make you feel?