CSA Lincoln Newsletter
Friday, February 15th
Principal's Notes and Highlights
Beauty and the Beast
Over the weekend, we watched the 2017 remake of this film. We have been introducing Calvin to Disney movies in preparation for a short trip to Disney World in a few months. The last time I went to Disney World was almost 30 years ago, so the refresher on characters and storylines has been good for me as well.
Michelle and I will have been married for nine years this June. In many ways, I feel like our roles are similar to those of Belle and the Beast. Like the Beast, my past is littered with poor choices. I am also very strong-willed. This benefits me at times at work, but it can also be perceived as being arrogant. As the saying goes, perception is often reality.
Through all my faults, Michelle has been able to look past my rough edges and see the good in me. She encouraged me to move from teaching into school administration and saw my potential to have a positive impact on a more significant number of children. Looking back, I doubt Michelle or me for that matter, realized how much of our family time this new position would consume. She has made sacrifices so that I can attend many school events, knowing that while I miss time at home, me being at these events has a positive impact on other children. I won't say that she always does this with a smile on her face, but that's because she is a wonderful mother who is also looking out for our two children. Nonetheless, she can see the bigger picture. In all ways, she is a beautiful person.
I see these same traits in many women at and around CSA Lincoln. You are on staff here. You volunteer in the classroom, on field trips, and at PTO events. You pick up multiple children in the car line to help a friend. You are involved in school improvement committees and initiatives. You work to make ends meet. You do all of these things and ensure our families are fed, clothed, and loved.
Thank you for all that you do. I hope you felt appreciated on Valentine's Day and if not, please accept my deepest gratitude for being amazing.
Have a great weekend!
- CSA Lincoln will have a group of adults that will be bowling on March 2nd as part of the Big Brothers/Big Sisters Bowling for Kids' Sake Event! If you would like to donate to this incredible program, you can send money into the school. Please indicate that it is for this event. Checks should be written to CSA Lincoln Elementary and we will, in turn, write one check to BBBS.
- Good luck to our Math Bowl Team as they compete next Thursday! We hope the SUM of all that hard work ADDS up to a victory!
- Fifth-graders will be interviewing next Thursday with local business owners as part of their Entrepreneur Project.
- Next Friday is the annual CSA Lincoln Staff Chili/Soup kick-off. This is always a popular event!
- The PTO Book Bingo is also next Friday in the CSA Lincoln Gym. Details are listed below.
Important Upcoming Dates
Please mark these dates on your calendar!
- Feb 15th- 5th/6th Grade Dance 6:30-8:00 pm
- Feb 21st- Math Bowl Competition 5:00 pm @ Southside
- Feb 22nd- PTO Book Bingo 6-8:00 pm @ CSA Lincoln Gym
- Mar 7th- PTO Meeting 6-7 pm
- Mar 11-14th School will be in session (Snow Day Make-ups)
- Mar 26-28th iRead Testing (3rd Grade)
- April 30-May 2, May 7-10th- ILEARN Testing (3rd-6th Grade)
- May 15th- Indianapolis Indians Game-CSA Reading Challenge- Home Run Hitters
- May 16-17th- Chicago Trip (6th Grade)
- May 23-24th- CYC Camp Trip (5th Grade)
- May 24th- Kindergarten Graduation 1:00 PM
- May 29th- Move Up Day
- May 29th- 6th Grade Graduation-10:30-11:30 am
- May 30th- Last Student Day (Donner Park Field Day)
CSAL PTO Family Night: Book Bingo
Join us on Friday, February 22 for our first ever Book Bingo night! Watch for the flyer! PTO is still taking book donations of gently used picture books - Young Adult books for our upcoming Family Night. We have a collection bin located right inside the main doors next to the giant husky paw! We are still in need of volunteers for the event. If you're interested in volunteering, please follow the link below.
Next PTO Meeting
March 7th - 6:00pm CSAL Library
Who is that person working car line? The suggestion came up at a CIC meeting to share information about our staff so you can put a name with a face.
Mr. Stephen Shipley teaches sixth-grade. He has also been the athletic director for the past few years. He is often times the ring leader when it comes to pep rallies or pep talks with our students. Mr. Shipley has been sick most of this week and I know his students are very much looking forward to his return!
Celebrating Abraham Lincoln's Birthday in Mrs. Cash's Class!
BCSC Pre-K is now accepting applications for the 2019-2020 school year. Applications are available at all elementary schools and online at www.bcsc.k12.in.us under the 2019-2020 Pre-K Applications heading. Please call us at 812-376-4569 for more information about BCSC Pre-K.
CSA Lincoln on Instagram/Facebook/Twitter
Facebook: CSA Lincoln Community
Click here for directions on how to receive text message updates from Mr. Findley