Junior Start-up Business at IQuest
Classes Begin September 22nd
Young Entrepreneurship Program
Shark Tank | GIV Launch Curriculum
Students will learn:
- How to generate good ideas for their business
- Validate solutions to real customer problems
- Determine whether customers will pay for their ideas
- Calculate financing requirements
- Understand how to make money
- Define an execution plan and practice making decisions
- Experience what it takes to pitch to a 'Shark Tank' of investors
Classes meet at IQuest every other Tuesday from 5:45-7:15pm for a total of 6 weeks.
2015 Meeting dates: 9/22, 10/6, 10/20, 11/3, 11/17, 12/1
Clicking on the button above will take you to IQuest's secure registration site.
9 Things Steve Wozniak Told the 14-Year-Old Student Who Just Interviewed Him
1. He described how being "a geek" in high school made him "an outsider at school, people didn’t talk to me."
2. The first computer-like machine he ever built was in 8th grade for a science fair.
3. He got good at computer hardware engineering by studying math and electronics on his own and designing computers on paper in high school.
4. He shared the famous story of how he met Steve Jobs, introduced by his friend Bill Fernandez (who would later become Apple's first employee.)
5. He offered this advice to students: do "extra" homework in the subjects that interest you.
6. He offered advice to would-be great engineers: your work won't do "anyone any good" unless it becomes a product that sells.
7. He offered advice for coming up with killer products.
8. He talked about how to pick the perfect college.
9. He pulled so many pranks in school that he says he's got 100 favorites.
But one of them still makes him laugh to this day. He figured out how to sneak an announcement into the list read over the school's PA every morning. It said that Stanford’s head janitor would be coming to the school to speak on" higher custodial education." The students got the joke and laughed and the teachers all thought it was a real announcement.
Read the full interview by Sarina Khemchandani; Entrepreneur.com
We are IQuest!
Please note, IQuest and GIV are not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with the Shark Tank television show.