January 22, 2021
Let's start the 3rd Nine Weeks with a positive attitude! Yea!! JMA!!
Thank you for your continued support through the COVID-19 pandemic and we hope that you are all staying healthy and safe. Just wanted to remind parents that the the 3rd nine weeks starts on Monday, January 25th. Parents will be able to make a choice for students to participate in JMA distance learning online or return to campus for face to face ON CAMPUS instruction.
It is highly recommended by educational professionals, the Texas Education Agency, the JMA administrative staff and teachers, that if your student (s) are failing their coursework or not completing their distance learning online school work that they RETURN TO CAMPUS ON JANUARY 25TH for face to face instruction. If your child is returning to campus from online/distance learning, please email your child's teacher.
If your student is failing at the end of the semester one or more content areas they will be at a very high risk for:
1. Failing their grade level for the entire school year and being retained for the next school year (K-8)
2. Being required to attend summer school before being promoted to the next grade level (K-8)
3. Being required to enter into "credit recovery" to earn failed course credits (high school 9-12)
4. Will not graduate from high school on time
Additionally, excessive absences are not at the discretion of the parent but rather the school administration. Excessive absences are becoming a problem for some students. These students are being counted absent either from non-engagement with on campus instruction OR through distance learning Google Classroom. Continued excessive absences will ultimately cause the student (s) to fail.
Please call the school immediately to report your student (s) if they are:
1. Ill and not able to participate in ON CAMPUS LEARNING
2. Ill and not able to participate in their assigned distance learning for the day or days
3. Needing to quarantine due to COVID exposure
4. Needing to attend a doctor's appointment
We will be following the same health protocols for ON CAMPUS LEARNING as the first semester of school. Details of these protocols can be found on our JMA website under COVID-19.
Please do not send your student (s) to school with any of the following symptoms but instead consult your family physician:
- Feeling feverish or a measured temperature greater than or equal to 100.0 degrees Fahrenheit
- Loss of taste or smell
- Difficulty breathing
- Shortness of breath
- Sore throat
- Shaking or exaggerated shivering
- Significant muscle pain or ache
Thank you for your continuous support and cooperation during this ongoing pandemic. We look forward to continuing to do what is in the best interest of your child/ children and their educational goals.
Please contact us for any additional information needed.
Ms. Monica Fox, M.Ed.