Smith Library News
5th Six Weeks Teacher Newsletter
Smith Library 411
Don't miss the Kid President video at the bottom of the newsletter! Hell brighten your day!
- Library Circulation Report:
Books Checked Out: 745
Books Checked In: 827
eBooks Read: 8
Books and Materials Added This Year: 700
- Mrs. Welch attended the Texas Library Association convention in San Antonio, receiving over 14 hours of new training and over $600 in free books for the library.
- March Madness has ended, and the winner is.....Fantasy! Closely followed by graphic novels and urban fiction. 6 student ballots were pulled for prizes, and the following students will get a treat: Ellis Coleman, Isaac Wagner, Dasmine Jefferson, Deshannon Donald, Tracey Brannon, and Centeria Carrier.
- Mrs. Welch is still assisting teachers in creating QR codes for activities and assignments in the classroom. Bring your content to the library during your planning time and leave with a completed assignment and code for students to scan!
- The last six weeks are upon us, and many teachers are looking for research opportunities for their students. Contact Mrs. Welch to book library time and for assistance with lessons in using the school databases and evaluating websites and information.
- The last week to check out books is the week of May 19th. All books will be due on May 23rd. The library will continue to be open for computer use and teacher activities until May 30th. The final week of school we will be closed for inventory.
MyOn Books Read
How many books did each grade level read during the 5th six weeks?
Average Quiz Scores Per Grade Level
What was the average score on quizzes for each grade level?
How much money has MyON saved us in book costs so far this year?
Book Return and Fine Payments
Please check your box each week for a list of students who owe or have overdue books and encourage them to take care of it as soon as possible. Thank you!
Connect to Your Library
Your library is on Twitter! Follow us for updates on contests, new arrivals, book news, and research advice. You can also access the online catalog from home or use our links to help with homework.
Kid President's Pep Talk to Teachers and Students!