News from the Nest
March 17, 2023
The Week Ahead
Monday, 3/20 (Day 2)
-SPARK ELA 3:30 -4:30pm 4th and 5th Grade Pods
-Progress Reports Available on HAC 7:00 -7:30pm
Tuesday, 3/21 (Day 3)
-World Down Syndrome Day - Rock Your Socks
-Math Olympiads - 5th grade only 3:30 -4:30pm Challenge Room
Wednesday, 3/22 (Day 4)
-SPARK Math 3:30 -4:30pm 4th and 5th Grade Pods
Thursday, 3/23 (Day 1)
Friday, 3/24 (Day 2)
-Harlem Wizards Event 7:00pm SAHS Main Gym
Doors open at 6:00 pm
Please Sign-Up for March Pod Parents!
Vernfield Home & School is looking for parent volunteers to participate in the Pod Parents program that will be available on Tuesday, 3/21, Wednesday, 3/22 and Thursday, 3/23/2023.
Pod Parents is a volunteer program where parent(s)/guardian(s) go into the six (6) Pods [K-5th grades] at Vernfield to assist any participating teachers with projects, tasks, and/or other busy work. We have added the Main Office and the Library to the areas that may need assistance. Parents may float amongst the pods/office/library to where they may find work to complete during their designated time slot.
Teachers are looking for help on Tuesday 3/21, Wednesday 3/22, and Thursday, 3/23 at the following times:
- 9:00 – 11:00am
- 1:00 – 3:00pm
Please sign up via the below link:
When you arrive at the school, please:
- Check into the front office for the Pod Parent directions. You will need your driver’s license and the completed volunteer registration form, which can be found on the SASD website.
- Once checked in, you can proceed to any of the Pods, where there will be instructions that participating teachers have left for the volunteers.
- Please note that all volunteer work will be completed in the Pod and not in the classrooms. Please do not enter the classrooms or otherwise disturb classroom learning.
- Please be respectful that pod parent volunteer time is not a time to hold individual conversations with your child's teacher or to visit the classroom of your child.
- Kindly check with Mrs. Smerecki (Main Office) and Mrs. Lightstone (Library) to see if they need assistance.
- If you have completed your work, and you are not able to find any additional work available, please be advised that you are not required to stay for the full two (2) hour time slot.
- Finally, if you are not able to complete the project within your two (2) hour time slot, please leave the instructions and materials in the pod as you found them for the next group of volunteers to work on.
If you have any questions and/or concerns, you may reach out to Kristen Viscardi at email@example.com.
Vernfield Clothing Drive Fundraiser
Please see the accompanying flyer for more information.
NEW Spirit Wear Designs - Store Now Open!
We are excited to offer all new Spirit Wear designs as we close out the school year!
So get your order in, and you’ll be all set for back to school in your new Vernfield designs, as we get set to celebrate 20 years at Vernfield.
Shipping to your home is $8 per order, with free shipping for orders over $50. Shipping to the school is free!
The store will close on April 2nd and all orders will ship about 20 business days after the store is sent to production.
Register today for Family Fun Night
Please join us for Vernfield's Candy Bar Bingo!
When: Friday, March 31st from 6:00-7:30pm
Where: Vernfield Elementary School Gym
Admission: FREE (Optional $5 Walmart or Giant gift cards welcome*)
Please RSVP by March 24th:
- Candy Bar prizes will be provided!
- Doors open at 5:30PM
- Refreshments and light snacks will be served.
- Feel free to bring your own dinner to eat before BINGO.
- Questions? Email Leanne Sebastian at firstname.lastname@example.org or Meg Dick at email@example.com
Reminder: All students attending this event must be
accompanied by an adult. Students may not be dropped off and then picked up.
*Gift cards will be provided to local families in need at the discretion of VF's Guidance Counselor
Vernfield is taking the 100 Box challenge!
-Aunt Jemima Pancake On the Go Cups, 2.11oz
-Applesauce Squeeze Pouches, 3.2oz
-Canned Items: Vegetables, Chunky Soups, Chili, Pasta
-Crackers, 9-13oz box (Wheat Things, Cheeze-It, etc.)
-Fruit Cups, 4oz
-Hormel Compleats Microwave Meals, 10oz
-Instant Oatmeal Packets or Cups
-Ready-to-Eat Chicken Salad, 3oz pouch or box
-Ready-to-Eat Tuna Salad, 3oz pouch or box
All brands accepted. No expired food, please.
All donations will be given to the Bean Bag Food Program located at Zion Mennonite Church in Souderton.
Yearbook Photo Reminder
There is also information on uploading 5th Grade tributes.
Questions? Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
Yearbook Sale Going On Now!
Yearbook orders can be places online (via this link), or can be ordered by check through the Yearbook Committee. Yearbook envelopes were sent home in January with more detailed instructions.
Please contact Alexandra Ricketts and Julie Kinch at Vernfieldyb@gmail.com if you have any questions.
Earth Day Volunteers Needed!
If you would like to volunteer for all or part of the day, please fill out the below google form:
Thank you for your support!
-SPARK ELA 3:30-4:30pm 4th and 5th Grade Pods
-SPARK Math 3:30-4:30pm 4th and 5th Grade Pods
-VF Spirit Hawks Spirit Day - Spring has Sprung
-Family Fun Night 6:00-8:00pm
Wednesday, 4/5 to Monday, 4/10
-Spring Break-No School for Students
Easy Ways to Help Fundraise!
Please consider helping to raise funds for Home & School using the following:
- Box Tops Bonus App: Download the Box Tops Bonus App for your phone or tablet! Find offers, buy products, scan your receipt and earn even MORE box tops for Vernfield!
- Coca Cola Give: Sign up at https://us.coca-cola.com/give/schools/ then just scan your product or enter your product code and watch the funds grow.
HSA Executive Board Members
President: Kristin Emmons; email@example.com
VP Fundraising: Diane Meyer; firstname.lastname@example.org
VP Communications: Mandy Merrill; email@example.com
Secretary: Kristen Viscardi; firstname.lastname@example.org
Co-Treasurer: Alisha Reynolds; email@example.com
Co-Treasurer: Wendy Clemmer; firstname.lastname@example.org