LMS Weekly Reminder
Upcoming Task and Dates to Remember for this Week.
This Week - December 1-5
- DUE: GCS Reads 20 Minutes (Still waiting on a few schools)
- PAST DUE: BOB Compliance and Commitment forms DUE
- DUE: Start promoting your TITLEWISH donation page. (Click here to access your link)
- Start collecting Nov. GCS Reads 20 Minutes, they are due Dec. 10.
Do you wnat to present at our February PLC?
To give you an opportunity to meet some of the new requirements on the Media Specialist Evaluation, we are offering you the opportunity to present at our GCS PLC meeting.
I have heard great things regarding donations to your TitleWish accounts. Pleas make sure to promote your TitleWish link. Consider posting it on your facebook page as well.
- Titlewish displays a percentage graph on the campaign page that increases as donations are made. It does not give a dollar amount.
- Donor Lists in the form of an excel spreadsheet will be available once the campaign closes, and is finalized (meaning all of the credit card charges have cleared.) I can email them to the contact at that time. This occurs usually 10 days after the last day.
Keep in mind, this is not a program that allows for company matches as Follett is not a 5013c organization.
GCS Reads 20 Minutes Winners Announced
Congratulations to our GCS Reads 20 October Schools of the Month:
- Central Region- Morehead Elementary
- Northern Region- Joyner Elementary
- Southeastern Region- Dudley High School
- Western Region- Oakhill Elementary
GCS TV will air a Segment highlighting Joyner Elementary later this month.
If you have not submitted your minutes WE STILL NEED THEM, please do so as soon as possible. A report will be sent to district office tomorrow.
CHECK THE UPDATED Instructional Technology and Innovation Department Course Offerings
Please remember to share information about Discovery Ed and the Instructional Technology department trainings with your staff. There are wonderful resources that every grade level and department should be taking advantage of.
- Click here for a full list of the UPDATED classes and more details.
REMEMBER: Please share this information with your staff.
CLICK HERE to access their newsletter.
NCTies Conference 2015 Registration Open!
We are excited to announce that conference registration is now open. This year's conference theme, Make IT Personal, combines the the ideas of personalized learning with maker spaces, bringing together ideas for engaging all learners. You won't want to miss our keynote speaker Kevin Honeycutt on Thursday morning along with several other featured speakers and new additions to the conference schedule. It's gonna be awesome! For more information and to register for Conference 2015 visit our website.
Call for Proposals!
- The deadline for conference proposals is November 7. Your sessions are what makes NCTIES such an awesome conference! If accepted, the first two presenters for each session receive complimentary conference registration.
- Do you have an exciting project that your students are working on this year? If so, we encourage you to submit a proposal for the Student Technology Showcase. Deadline for submissions is Nov. 30.
- Each year NCTIES recognizes individuals who have shown outstanding achievement and leadership in implementing technology to improve education. For details on how to nominate an educator who you feel is deserving visit our website.
- Do you have a great idea for a technology project but don't have the money needed to see this project come to fruition? Each year NCTIES offers three (3) $3000.00 grants that will be awarded for innovative, student-involved projects which effectively use technology. For more information visit our website.
- NCTIES is proud to offer two $2,000 scholarship opportunities. One will be awarded to a student pursuing a graduate degree/certification in Instructional Technology; the other to a student pursuing a graduate degree/certification in School Library Media. For more information on how to apply visit our website.
Today's Tech Tutortial- Flipsnack
Library Media Services
Have a wonderful week!
Remember: If you would like text reminders about media services events text @mediaspe to (469)209-4439
Employee of the Month
CLICK HERE to nominate someone for Employee of the Month.