June 10, 2022
Important Upcoming Dates
14 - 6th Grade Celebration at 1:15 p.m.
14 - Reptile Man visits kindergarten.
14 - 1st grade fieldtrip to the beach
15 - 6th grade Food Truck & Yard Games
16 - Gummy Bear Play Day
17 - Normal Friday schedule with a 1:15 p.m. dismissal
20 - End of year slide show/6th grade slide show assembly at 9 a.m.
20 - Last day of school, dismissal at 11:45 a.m.
New Student Registration
Are you new to the area? Registration is happening now!
Enrolling students is extremely helpful in helping us plan for future staffing. If you know of parents in the community who have incoming Kindergarteners or new students, please encourage them to go to our website for enrollment and registration information.
If you are a current SSD parent/guardian, you can register through your Family Skyward account. If you are new to the district click here to register.
We are excited to meet our new Bobcats!!!!
6th Grade Celebration
2022-2023 Student Transportation Input Form
So that we can better plan student transportation needs and routes/schedules for the 2022—2023 school year, we have implemented an online Student Transportation Input Form at www.sno.wednet.edu/ridethebus. Between now and through early summer, we are asking all parents/guardians of 2022-2023 students to please complete this form. The form only needs to be completed once per student.
Lost & Found
Please take a moment to look through our lost & found in the commons. Lost & Found is over-flowing with unclaimed coats, sweaters, hoodies, and other items. We would like to reunite them with their owners! All unclaimed items will be donated after June 20.
Gummy Bear Play Day
Last Day of School
Machias Library Summer Hours
District Approved Community Fliers
District-approved community fliers
- Blood Drive - June 6-8
- Community Service Opportunity - TOPSoccer
- Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA) Volunteers Needed
- Crossview Tutoring
- Girls Scouts Open House
- Girls on the Run - Willis Tucker Park Team
- Glacier Peak Girls Basketball Youth Summer Camp
- Glacier Peak Girls Soccer Summer Camp for K-7th Grade
- Glacier Peak Volleyball Boosters Summer Camp
- Glacier Peak Youth Football Association GPYFA Registration
- Glacier Peak Youth Summer Tennis Camp
- Grizzly Open Youth Tennis Tournament - August 18-21
- Join GPYFA Youth Cheer
- Mariners Grand Slam Camps - July 11-14
- Snohomish Cooperative Preschool Registration
- Snohomish High School Boys Basketball Summer Camp
- Snohomish Junior Cheer
- Snohomish High School Panther Youth Tennis Camp - June 7-9
- SPJFA Spring Flag Football and Fall Tackle Football Sign Ups
- Taekwondo for Kids - May 2022
Fliers are typically posted on Tuesdays during the months of August through June. For additional flier program details and/or to complete a request for distribution, please click here.
Machias Elementary Summer Office Hours
Join Our Team
We are looking for teachers, nurses, paraeducators, custodians, bus drivers, kitchen staff, pool team members, and other positions! Visit www.sno.wednet.edu/jobs or call 360-563-7233 today!
Current high-need school and district openings include:
- Substitute paraeducators - $20.47-$21.62/hour
- Paraeducators - $20.47-$24.74/hour
- Interpreters - $32.53-$36.23/hour
- Braillists - $28.37-$32.49/hour
- Substitute bus drivers - $25.47/hour
- Substitute teachers/Guest teachers – $185-$260/day ($24.66-$34.66/hour)
Snohomish School District positions
- If you would like to be considered for employment in the Snohomish School District, please login to submit a new application through our Frontline application tool.
- Please feel free to contact us in Human Resource Services at 360-563-7233 with any questions.
- If you would like to be considered for employment at the Snohomish Aquatic Center, please click here.
- Please feel free to contact Chris Bensen, Snohomish Aquatic Center Supervisor, at 360-563-1986 or 360-568-8030, with any questions.
Chartwells K-12/Compass Group (district's food service provider) positions
- If you would like to be considered for employment with Chartwells K-12/Compass Group (district's food service provider), please click here.
- Please feel free to contact Marty Grasa, Chartwells K-12/Compass Group Manager, at 360-563-7357 with any questions.
2022-2023 School Year Calendar Dates
2022-2023 School Year
- Wednesday, September 7 - First day of school
- Week of October 24 - Fall conference week (schedule and details TBD)
- Friday, November 11- No school/Veterans Day
- Wednesday, November 23 - Half-day early release
- Thursday, November 24-Friday, November 25 - No school/Thanksgiving Break
- Tuesday, December 20 - Half-day early release
- Wednesday, December 21-Tuesday, January 3 - No school/Winter Break
- Wednesday, January 4 - Classes resume after Winter Break
- Monday, January 16 - No school/MLK Jr. Day
- Monday, January 30 - No school/Beginning of second semester and non-student day
- Friday, February 17-Monday, February 20 - No school/Mid-Winter Break
- Week of March 27 - Spring conference week (schedule and details TBD)
- Monday, April 3-Friday, April 7 - No school/Spring Break
- Monday, May 29 - No school/Memorial Day
- Friday, June 16 - Last day of school
- Monday, June 19 - No school/Juneteenth
- Tuesday, June 20-Friday, June 23 - Potential snow/inclement weather make-up days