March 21, 2019
Roosevelt Weekly Parent Info
Hello Roosevelt families! Spring Break officially begins tomorrow. Have a SAFE & RELAXING Spring Break...see you on Monday, April 1. A few brief reminders for the week--thanks for taking the time to stay in the know.
• THANK YOU...for coming to today's concert and for celebrating such awesome musical learning!
• THANK YOU...a huge thank you to parents who donated to the teacher meals--whether that was food or a monetary donation, the PTO thanks you profusely!!! IF you weren't contacted by our volunteer coordinator, do not fear--she'll keep your name on a list for next year!!!
• Teacher Shoutouts: Our next staff meeting is April 4. It's wonderful to be able to have some very specific examples of wonderful things that you notice from Roosevelt staff. Please take a moment to share that with me, and I will pass it on to them. It makes a big, big difference, so thank you for taking the time to recognize our amazing staff. Just email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Get Ready for the Kids Heart Challenge: Roosevelt is proud to partner with the American Heart Association and Jump Rope for Heart. Students will be jumping rope in class and learning the importance of heart healthy habits. The 3rd, 4th and 5th graders will have an opportunity to raise funds for the American Heart Association. This fundraising opportunity is not required and 100% OPTIONAL by each family. Information will be sent home with students starting April 1st.
• SAFETY: There continue to be big safety concerns during drop-off and pick-up time. Please, please, please remember to NOT park in crosswalks and do NOT double park. Please make sure students are safely crossing the street to get to you if they have to cross the street. Common sense and patience go a long way in helping to keep students safe. Your help and attention with this is needed and appreciated!
• Family Academy: Please join us on April 8, 2019 for Mankato Area Public School's Family Academy. There are six breakout sessions to choose from providing families tips, tools and strategies to stay engaged with your student. Food and childcare will be provided for registered participants and families. To register: Go to isd77.org and click on Connect and then on Family Academy or call 507-387-5501.
• Rocky Time: Today we celebrated our theme of JOY by showing off all we have learned in music class at our Roosevelt Spring Music Concert. Thank you for joining us and celebrating such beautiful voices at Roosevelt! Rocky Time will continue upon our return from Spring Break.
• Order the 2018-19 Roosevelt Yearbook using this link. Yearbook ID: 368671or look up by state and city of Mankato. Online ordering will be open until Monday, April 1. Paper order forms are no longer being accepted. 5th graders get a free yearbook!!! If they want the add-on, they should pay by cash or check once the flyers/envelopes come home (which will be soon). Make sure they indicate their grade on their paperwork.
• Winter Gear Donations: As our long winter comes to an end and spring break provides an opportunity for spring cleaning, please consider donating any winter clothes to our school district. Donations of boots, snowpants, hats, mittens/gloves, and jackets are always welcome and appreciated by many of our Raccoon families.
Interviewing Mrs. Haggerty
Students in Mrs. Fitterer's 1st grade classroom spent some time interviewing Mrs. Haggerty and reporting back to the class what they learned.
Lunch with the Principal
McKenna won Lunch with the Principal for the month of March. She invited her two besties, Greta and Layla, to join her. Thank you Jersey Mike's for supporting Roosevelt Readers! Keep it up, Raccoons!
Principal for the Day
Abraham did an AMAZING job of being the principal throughout the day. He did an extra special great job of greeting and welcoming everyone at today's concert!