The Panther Post
August 8, 2022 Volume 19
- Please follow us on Twitter - @DMSPanthers1
- Please see the PTA link in the newsletter for more info on how to join!
- Week of Aug 8-12…EDCBA schedule with advisory Tuesday (DMS Behavior Incentive Program)
- The 2022 Party at the Pit was a success! Thanks to everyone and their hard work and to those for attending this year’s event! Great BBQ and fun! See you in 2023!
- DMS fall pictures are August 15th
- Open House is August 9th from 5:00-7:30
- Remember to pay all class fees. Fees are paid in August for the entire student schedule for the year
Discovery Middle School has partnered with S2 Pass, a new innovative digital ticketing provider. In order to attend sporting events at Discovery Middle School, you must purchase your ticket from the S2 Pass app. While our ticketing system has become electronic, our concessions will remain cash only until we can make that transition.
You will need to download the S2 Pass from the App Store or Google Play (links below). Once you have downloaded the app, you may purchase your ticket(s), and it will be scanned upon entry from your smartphone. An instructional video is below. Please be sure to purchase your ticket(s) prior to arrival. Please share this information with other students and fans!
If you don't have a smartphone, you can also purchase your tickets from the S2 Pass fan website (for computers only) and print out your tickets to present at the game through this link here.
• App download links
- Google App Store - Google Play Store - Android
- Apple Store - App Store - iPhone
• Instructional Videos
Pre Order Prices: Now- Nov. 18= $40/ Nov. 19-Jan. 31= $45
Scan the QR Code below:
- Please ensure that your students adhere to the dress code. All clothing must meet appropriate guidelines as noted in the DMS Student Handbook and MCS Code of Conduct. Also, students may bring a jacket or sweater if they are cold; however, blankets and stuffed animals are not allowed as a cover at school.
- Attendance is very important. Please be sure to send absence notes to firstname.lastname@example.org whenever your student is absent from school.
- Students should arrive to class on time and be in their seats when the tardy bell rings.
- For morning drop off and afternoon dismissal, parking in the front northeast lot or in the loop at the front office will soon require a clearly marked parking pass. Those without this pass are asked to use the car line. Thanks to everyone for using the car line unless you have an "approved reason" from the DMS administration. Approved reasons are for SRO, medical/emergency, special needs, late arrival, etc. We are working for the safety of all of our students and staff at DMS. Thank you for your continued support!
Lost and Found
- Please encourage your students to check the DMS Lost & Found near the front office if they have misplaced any items.
- The Lost and Found will be cleared out on the first day of each month and unclaimed items will be donated to a worthy cause.