Stanton Middle School
CSS District Support Day #2, 1/20/15
Sample Student Lesson
- Figure 19 Focus: Summary Strategies
- Generic and adaptable for any topic
- Ability to scaffold up or down based on grade level
Additional Ideas for Prompts:
- 501 Writing Prompts: http://goo.gl/azuMdF
- 365 Things to Make You Go Hmm, Sparky Teaching: http://goo.gl/1jPJD7
Additional Expository Texts:
Other Random Resources:
Try out a few engaging tech tools:
Tech Tool: Review with Kahoot!
Engage your students with an interactive and competitive review!
Create with Animoto
Student Video Creation (why it works: easy to use & acclimate, quick process [one class period]) https://animoto.com/education/classroom
- Students create videos to explain a concept (literary device), visually depict vocabulary words, visually explain an analogy
- See student sample here.
- Pro tip: make sure the computers you're working with have updated flash players; be sure your students use your educator code to give them the free pro version.
- BE SURE TO get the free educator account, sign up, THEN when you're signed in, click to apply for the free educator account.
- OR steal Kile's code here: a4ekileb6aaf7
- How to have students use your educator code: watch here: http://screencast.com/t/mezOKl6fN
Plan to Attend our Next Round of Face to Face English Content Training!
Note: we present by grade level; choose the one you want!
Face to Face Training: escU catch up
Getting started in escU is as easy as 1, 2, 3...
1. Create an escU Account
escU Link: escu.edlink18.net
Account Setup Helpdesk: (432) 561-4321 (should you have account setup issues)
2. Enroll in the escU course for your content area only
English Language Arts: AG47DJ
Social Studies: CRN9RD
Use the course code to register here: http://www.edlink18.net/escu/enroll/
3. Complete the course requirementsescU Link: escu.edlink18.net (Your Course will be under your "Courses" tab once enrolled)