Borah High Fall Newsletter
Home of the Lions
Letter from the Principal - Mr. Standlee
The 2017-2018 school year is off to an awesome start! We finished the 2016-2017 school year with record achievement and participation numbers in our Advanced Placement classes. We had a record low number of D/F’s in all classes, and continue to strive to provide academic assistance to all students in all classes. We set lofty academic goals for the new school year and are already seeing early successes. We have more Advanced Placement classes being taken by Borah students than ever before.
Please follow us on Twitter for school news updates @BorahHigh.
Parent Teacher Conferences
Monday, October 30th: 4:00-7:00
Wednesday, November 1st: 4:00-7:00
** Note: We will not have conferences on Tuesday, October 31st due to Halloween.
Senior Yearbook & Picture Information
Theatre 4 will be presenting It's a Wonderful Life: A Live Radio Play December 6th - 9th in the Little Theater @ 7:00 PM
New Borah Club
Students are always welcome to edit, print and submit assignments here. Please ask for help if you have a question! We assist students daily in finding the perfect book, be it print, eBook, or eAudiobook. This is a 21st century library commons and we encourage students and classes to make use of our diverse collection of technology and tools: audio/video recorders, editing software, iMac, Adobe Suite, tablets, programmable robots, 3D printer, Cameo cutting tool, craft supplies and games. Stop by or check out more about the library on our website: http://borah.boiseschools.org/students/library
National History Day
Message from our Athletic Trainer for Winter Sports
If you plan to participate in basketball or wrestling, be sure to have a current physical on file (IHSAA guidelines state that a new physical is required during your freshman and junior year of high school). You will also need to complete the necessary forms for participation online (There are three: (1) Code of Conduct, (2) Interim Questionnaire & Consent, & (3) Concussion Acknowledgment forms). Directions for the online forms can be found on the Borah Website under "Athletics".
Borah Football is 5-2 and with their Victory over Rocky Mt. are in first place in our SIC Pod!
Borah Girls Soccer is headed to the State Tournament October 19-21 at Rocky!
Borah Boys Soccer is headed to the State Tournament October 19-21 at Eagle!
Borah Volleyball is off to the best start in years and are heading in to the District Tournament October 14th at Borah.
Borah Cross Country and Swim continue to be very competitive in the SIC.
Wrestling Parent Meeting - Tuesday, 10/17 at 6:00 pm in room 502. Contact Coach Gardner with any questions.
NEW Driving and Parking Rules for the 2017 School Year
- All ticket disputes must be addressed with Borah Security within one week from the date the ticket was issued.
- Fines must be paid within 30 days of issue date.
- Fines are issued to whoever drove the vehicle - not the owner of the vehicle.
- If the driver is unknown, tickets will be issued to the student whose address matches the address on the vehicle DMV registration.
- Drivers allowing a student to ride on the top area of a vehicle (trunk, hood, or roof) will automatically lose driving privileges for 20 school days and may be charged with reckless driving by Boise Police.
Valley Visions - Call for Entries
Harlem Globetrotters & Borah Spirit Squad
Borah Little Lion Halloween Party
BOISE SCHOOL BOARD APPROVES 2018-19 SCHOOL YEAR CALENDAR
During its regular monthly Board meeting held on Monday, October 9, 2017, Trustees othe Boise School District voted 7 - 0 to approve the 2018 - 19 school year calendar following an extensive public feedback process.
The approved calendar preserves a later August school start date while still ending the first semester prior to the Winter Holiday Break.
"We feel that this calendar meets the educational needs of our students and supports our many programs that have made our district a school district of excellence," said Board President Nancy Gregory. "We are grateful to the parents, patrons, staff and students who actively engaged in the nearly six-month long conversation regarding the school calendar through face-to-face focus groups, online surveys and direct communication with District representatives."
Highlights of the Board-approved 2018-19 School Year Calendar include:
- August 20th: First Day of School - Early Release K-12
- October 19th: End of First Quarter - Elementary K-6 No School
- November 19th - 23rd: Thanksgiving Holiday Break - No School K-12
- December 21st: End of First Semester - Early Release K-6
- December 24th - January 4th: Winter Holiday Break - No School K-12
- March 15th: End of Third Quarter - Early Release K-6
- March 18th - 22nd: Spring Break - No School K-12
- May 24th: Last Day of School - Early Release K-12