The Jag News
FM9 Student-Led News Source - January 11, 2017
New Semester Approaching
The FM9 counseling staff is diligently working to finalize all Spring Term schedules. Changes in the placement of courses and/or teachers on all students’ schedules may happen up until Tuesday, January 17th at 5:00 pm as the counselors work to balance classes in order to maintain the best academic environment for all students. Please log on to your Skyward account after 5:00 pm on Tuesday, January 17th to view your Spring Term schedule. This will be the schedule you will follow starting January 18th.
Jaguar Sports & Spirit Calendar
- 2pm - Lady Jags Varsity Soccer vs. Martin @ Colleyville Heritage HS
- 6pm - Lady Jags JV2 Soccer vs. Lake Highlands @ Lake Highlands HS
- 1:30pm - Lady Jags JV2 Soccer vs. Sachse @ Pearce B Field
- 4pm - Lady Jags Varsity Soccer vs. Plano HS @ Colleyville Herigage HS
- 4:30-8:30 - Lady Jags Basketball vs. Southlake Carroll @ Southlake Carroll
- 4:30-8:30 - Jaguar Basketball vs. Southlake Carroll @ Southlake Carroll
- 9am - Lady Jags Varsity Soccer v. Allen @ Colleyville Heritage HS
- 2pm - Lady Jags JV2 Soccer vs. Little Elm @ Pearce B Field
National Milk Day
Fun facts about Milk:
- It takes 29 cups of milk to make 1 pound of butter.
- A cow can't give milk until she has given birth to a calf.
- A cow drinks over 117 gallons of water in a week, no wonder cow farms smell.
- The average cow produces 90 glasses of milk each day — or about 200,000 glasses of milk throughout her life.
- A cow's udder can hold 25 - 50 pounds of milk.
- Cows were first brought to Plymouth Colony in 1624.
- American dairy farmers produced 156.6 billion pounds of milk in 1997.
- Most cows give more milk when they listen to music.