for the Week of January 18th
Important Reminders for the Week of January 18th
18 Jan 2016--School Closed for MLK Day
19 Jan 2016--Begin modified bell schedule (See last pdf below)
19 Jan 2016--Faculty Meeting in Library
19 Jan 2016--Timecard Approval by 3 PM
19 Jan 2016--Counselors will meet with 7th Grade students to go over registration for 2016-2017 school year
20 Jan 2016--2nd Nine Weeks Awards Day in lunchroom
- 8:30 AM - 6th Grade
- 9:00 AM - 7th Grade
- 9:30 AM - 8th Grade
21 Jan 2016--Counselors will meet with 6th Grade students to go over registration for 2016-2017 school year
21 Jan 2016--1st Advisement Lesson (See chart below)
22 Jan 2016--Last day to register for Miss HMS Pageant (all forms are due by 2:30 PM)
Message from the Principal
- We will begin the new advisory schedule the week of January 18th. Make sure you review with the students in your 1st period class where they will report on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Follow the link below to view the current schedule for Advisement lessons and the bell schedule for each day of the week. There was a slight change to 2nd period as the period was too long and 4th period was too short. Other than those two adjustments on Tuesday's and Thursday's, this is the same schedule as previously distributed. Please make note for your planning purposes.
- As you read the advisement schedule, we are only completing eight lessons instead of the originally planned ten. District requirements changed for this. It is important that each grade level make use of the days when we are not doing advisement lessons efficiently. These represent an excellent opportunity to use these days for RTI.
- Speaking of RTI, you as the classroom teacher have the final say as to what counts as a classroom assessment. Vocabulary quizzes do not have to be entered in the assessment category. It is your choice as the classroom teacher. Additionally, we should begin making more use of CompassLearning as our RTI tool. Remediation activities and assessments can be assigned through CompassLearning and students given a deadline as to when they need to have the work completed. The students would still have access to you as the teacher for questions. This is something all core teachers need to start using as the semester goes forward. By using more CompassLearning, we can start transitioning from using so much of our planning periods for RTI.
- All teachers are responsible for the information that we send out to you via email. "I forgot" or "I did not check my email" are not acceptable excuses.
- Remember when entering grades for students currently assigned to the JCCLC, you will need to run a grade report from CompassLearning and enter their grades in INOW. The grades in CompassLearning are not weighted at the 75%/25% categories so you cannot simply take the overall grade from CompassLearning. You will need to enter the assessment average and the classwork average from CompassLearning in INOW to get an accurate grade for the students. Elective teachers (including PE) should have frozen the grade of any student sent to the JCCLC. Only assignments made prior to being sent and after the student returns count against the student when determining the students average.
- Make sure you are updating your PLPs with evidence as you go. We do not want to get behind and wait until the last minute.
- We will begin mounting the wall containers in the classroom for you to keep your Units of Study next week. We will begin doing our pop-in visits this month. Remember you will no longer be submitting lessons plans via email. You will still send in parent contact logs every two weeks. The next due date is scheduled January 29th.
- Make sure you are reviewing the duty roster each week. Morning duty begins at 7:20 not 7:30.