The Stuart's Tot Spot Times
The Tot Spot Early Education Academy
Ms. Alisha's Email: email@example.com
Ms. Danielle's Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Katie Email: email@example.com
Ms. Le Andra's Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Teacher's Email: email@example.com
Follow us on Instagram: thetotspotschool
We also now have a Youtube Channel: The Tot Spot Early Learning Academy and Pinterest: The Tot Spot Early Education Academy...be sure and follow us!!
Special Events and Birthdays!!
PTO and Vacations
Who do you contact concerning vacation credit? Asking a teacher will get you no where. Please email Mr. Mike at firstname.lastname@example.org
In the Classroom!
In September we are looking forward to the weather cooling a little bit. We may not have many water days but hopefully we will be spending most of our time outside. We will be trying to do all of our messy activities outside rather then in the classroom such as making bubbles out of honey, mixing colors, and digging for worms. We will also be making some hats and inchworms to take home and show off to everyone. This month we will be focusing on asking for turns with our friends and learning to wait when they say 'no'.
Also it's sad that some of our friends are growing up and they will be headed to Ms. Alisha's classroom next door. On a good note...it's right next door. Ms. Ericka and the new 2's (Gavin, Graham, Jalen, Emma, and Zayn) will be moving in the last week of September.
- Remind Me App: It's a free app that we're using to for simple reminders like show and share, friend of the week, physical due dates, etc. Our class code is 26kh9g
Operation Tot Spot Gives Back!
Did you know one of our students is a recipient of VIPS. VIPS provides early intervention services to Indiana's youngest children with blindness and low vision. Services include evaluations, in-home visits, and access to resources that help parents and caregivers better understand and support their child with visual impairment. They are in need of items to be able to help more children out in our Indianapolis area. I will attach the wish list below. We will be collecting these items until the end of September. If you are able to donate of these items they will be greatly appreciated! If you have any questions please see Ms. Le Andra or Ms. Alisha. Thanks!! If you want more information about VIPS here is their website: https://vips.org/
- Manilla Folders
- White Computer Paper
- "Glasses" Board Book on Amazon
- Jingle Bells
- Mylar Material
- Baby Wipes
- Red or Yellow Slinkies
- Paper Plates and napkins
- Snacks for Events
- Grocery Store Gift Cards for Family Events
- Physicals were due in August so if you forgot please get it turned in ASAP.
- Why are they due in August? So that we don't have to keep track and spend precious time hounding parents to turn them in to the school. This way they're always done and we can spend more time shaping the minds of these precious kiddos. This is very much appreciated!
- So if my kiddos birthday is in January and they have their well check visit..do I need to turn in another physical? Nope. You only need to turn in updated shot records and the physical every August.
- Also, don't forget to apply sunscreen before coming to school. Head to toe and we will reapply at AM and PM snack. Thank ya!
Ready for some fall books? Scholastic is BACK!! Check out all the deals for this month!! Scholastic will be sent out September 11th and orders will be due September 20th. Our online code is HQ686
Healthy Start Wisdom
The Book Nook
The Parent's Spotlight
-Thank you in advance for applying sunscreen to your kiddos BEFORE they come to school.
-Thank you so much for the parents that brought in supplies for our outdoor classroom! Because of that, we are able to start working on our outdoor music wall for both playgrounds!
- Thanks again for your ongoing support and understanding!
Would you like to donate?
We could use:
- Contact Paper
- Food Coloring
- Corn Starch
If you ever have any materials, toys, or ideas for our classroom please feel free to talk with us!
Corrine and Mikayla are tackling the big job of transforming our outdoor spaces. We are in need of old pots, pans, utensils, and wooden planks. They are planning to create a music wall, mud kitchen, and reading area. Please let us know if you have anything that you'd like to donate for our cause. Thank you!
The Teacher's Spotlight
If you didn't have to sleep what would you do with the extra time and why?
- Ms. Mikayla: I'd catch up on some reading since it seems like I'm always pushing it off. I would like to think that I would do some housekeeping chores too but I think I would probably still procrastinate
- Ms. Corrine: To either binge watch Netflix or clean
- Ms. Alisha: Read because it’s the best thing ever! You can always escape to interesting places and “meet” all sort of people.
- Mr. Mike: exercise because I wouldn’t be tired!!!
- Ms. Danielle: I’d still sleep. Sleeping is my favorite thing to do. I could sleep all day
- Ms. LeAndra: If I didn't have to sleep I would catch up on all my favorite TV shows I'm way behind on. I would also spend more time with family and friends during the day and then work on house chores at night.
- Ms. Katie: If I didn't have to sleep, I would spend my extra time to go do fun things with my son that I won't do on the weekends because they're packed. Examples include, Children's Museum, the Zoo, etc.
- Ms. Erin: Read more, I have all these books, and never enough time to read all of them.
- Ms. Maggie: If I didn't have to sleep I would catch up with my DVR because I am always a couple of episodes behind.
- Ms. Rachel: Probably play video games, and read more books
- Ms. Hailey: probably still sleep cause I love to sleep