AP Testing Update
Testing Begins May 11th, 2020
Preparing for Your Advanced Placement Tests...
AP Testing Schedule...
Your test has been schedule for online access on a certain day. Click the link below to review. Also the link to the alternate/make up days is listed as well.
AP Testing Dates 2020
Note: Under the current online system, you may log in and test on your assigned day. You may also wait and log in on the "make up" day. That schedule is here. We do recommend you adhere to the first, original assigned day, however. With the online system this year, the potential for technical issues is possible. Should you have those issues, having the make up day to go back and test would be key. Please see more information below regarding testing access and how to address possible issues with testing.
One Million Students are testing across the globe. The possibility of technical issues is high. Please allow yourself the flexibility of the make up day in case you experience this. We recommend you test on your originally scheduled day.
Students Request Makeup Exam - cb.org/requestmakeup – page won't open until May 11
IMPORTANT STEPS TO COMPLETE
1. To Do Now...
Practice with the exam demo. You now have access to an exam demo. You should use the demo to practice the different ways to submit exam responses. World language students will be able to practice with the AP World Languages Exam App beginning the week of May 11.
Review the required and recommended resource list. Make sure you know what resources you can use during their exams and how you can access them.
Review the "Testing Day Experience" Video
Review the Student FAQs link for in-depth details.
2. Two Days Before Your Exam...
Complete the AP Exam Day Checklist for each exam you're taking. You should complete this checklist and keep a printed or handwritten copy with them for reference during testing. Completing the checklist will help you feel confident you're set up for success.
3. On Exam Day...
What to do if something goes wrong. If you accidentally close the browser, your device crashes, or you temporarily lose internet access, you can quickly click your exam e-ticket again to return to the exam. You should continue the exam, and if you feel at the end of the exam that the temporary disruption negatively impacted your performance, you can request approval to take the makeup exam at cb.org/requestmakeup. You can also request a makeup exam if you've lost too much time due to a technical problem, can't connect to your exam, or experienced some other serious disruption.
If a technical issue arises that impedes your testing session, you will file that with College Board. By May 26th, College Board will communicate with you regarding an approval for the make up date. If you have connectivity issues and/or you lose testing time because of a technical issue, please contact College Board immediately.
Helpful Links & Resources...
- Exam schedule - https://apcoronavirusupdates.collegeboard.org/students/taking-ap-exams/ap-exam-schedule
- Course-Specific Exam Info (number of questions, question type, etc.). - https://apcoronavirusupdates.collegeboard.org/students/taking-ap-exams/ap-exam-schedule#courseSpecific
- Exam ticket info - https://apcoronavirusupdates.collegeboard.org/students/taking-ap-exams/getting-ready-for-exam-day has some general eTicket info
- What students need on exam day. - https://apcoronavirusupdates.collegeboard.org/educators/taking-the-exams/what-students-need-on-exam-day
- Demo Exam to Check Students' Technology. NOTE: Students MUST enter their AP ID number to access this site. - cb.org/apdemo
- How to find AP ID - https://apstudents.collegeboard.org/faqs/how-can-i-access-my-ap-id
- Reference Documents for Each Exam (formulae sheets, scoring rubrics, etc.) - cb.org/apexamdaydocs
- Open Book/Open Note Tips - cb.org/apopenbooktips
- Exam Day Checklist - cb.org/apchecklist
- Exam Submission Guidelines - outlines the methods for students to use when submitting their exam responses https://apcoronavirusupdates.collegeboard.org/students/taking-ap-exams/exam-day-experience/submission-guidelines
Specific Requirements and Courses:
- Accommodations - cb.org/ap2020accommodations
- World Languages - cb.org/apworldlanguages
- Music Theory - cb.org/apmusictheory
- Portfolio Submissions – section 4.4 at https://apcoronavirusupdates.collegeboard.org/faqs/indepth-for-educators/course-specific-questions
Other resources are available on cb.org/ap2020.
Additional Testing Resources:
If You Need to Cancel Your Test...
Score Release Dates from College Board...
- Teachers will Receive Student Responses - https://apcoronavirusupdates.collegeboard.org/faqs/indepth-for-educators/after-exams