Lunch and Dinner Recipes
Slow Cooker Quinoa, Chicken and Kale Soup
Yield: About 6 servings
1 1/4 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts (raw)
- 1 1/4 cups chopped yellow onion (1 medium onion)
- 1 cup chopped celery (about 3 stalks)
- 4 cloves garlic , minced
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup dry quinoa
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary , crushed
- 4 (14.5 oz) cans low-sodium chicken broth (7 cups)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper , to taste
- 1 (15.5 oz) can Great Northern or Cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 cups packed kale , roughly chopped (thick ribs chopped and discarded)
- 3 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
Add chicken to a 6 or 7 quart slow cooker, then add onions, celery and garlic, then drizzle with olive oil. Add quinoa (for a more firm textured quinoa add during last 30 minutes to 1 hour of cooking, per reviewers comments), thyme, rosemary and pour in chicken broth. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover and cook on HIGH 3 1/2 - 4 hours or LOW 7 - 8 hours.
Remove chicken, let rest 10 minutes then cut into bite size pieces and return to soup. Meanwhile, add in beans, kale, parsley and lemon juice, then cover and continue to cook on HIGH heat another 10 - 20 minutes until kale has reached desired doneness. Serve warm
Lemon Chickpea Quinoa Salad
A fresh summer salad that’s loaded with protein-packed is the perfect recipe for lunch or dinner and can be served warm or cold.
1 cup Quinoa
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 1/2 cups cooked chickpeas, rinsed and drained
1.5 ounce package baby spinach
6 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
6 tablespoons well-chopped Kalamata olives, pitted
1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon salt and black pepper
Cook quinoa according to package instructions. Add dressing ingredients into a jar and shake well. Set aside. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chickpeas and cook for 5-7 minutes. Stir frequently. Stir in spinach for 2-3 minutes, until wilted. Stir in quinoa. Add desired amount of dressing and stir until fully coated. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Albondigas SoupThis recipe was given to me by a friend and passed down from her grandma, I slightly altered it to be detox friendly but the taste is all still there and let me say “Its YUMMY!”
2 lbs organic grass fed ground beef or 1/2 ground beef and ground turkey
2/3 cup cooked brown rice
1 whole yellow onion
10 cloves of garlic (minced); divided
2 carrots (diced)
3 celery stalks (diced)
1 large diced sweet potato
1/4 cup cilantro (save a little for garnish)
1/4 cup parsley
1 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp cumin
2 Tbsp. organic tomato paste
1 large can organic diced tomatoes
2 quarts veggie stockavocado for garnish
Cut the veggies and herbs and put them into piles. Using 2 Tbsp. avocado oil in a large soup pot, sauté onions and half the garlic until slightly translucent. Then add the carrots, sweet potatoes, celery, and sauté that for a few mins. Next is paste, tomatoes, and cumin. Turn to low heat and add stock mixture and oregano. Next… make meatballs.
Mix together meat, eggs, rice, the rest of the garlic, parsley, some cilantro, and S+P. Roll into balls.
While stock is simmering, drop balls in pot one by one around the pot as to not overcrowd one space. Bring to a boil, then low for 20 min. Garnish with avocado and cilantro.
Mediterranean Kale Salad Wrap
This wrap is only a few ingredients but packs some taste! Inspired by Killer T’s hummus dressing, don’t worry if you have leftover kale salad, its delicious on its own too!
Vegetable wraps (sold at Mothers) or brown rice tortillas
Kale; washed and rough chopped
1/2 avocado; mashed
1/4 cucumber; sliced thin
5 grape tomatoes; cut in half
red chili flakes, or ghost chili flakes (optional)
3 Tbsp. hummus (I like a spicy version)
1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
Knead the juice of 1 lemon into your chopped kale. Set in refrigerator while you prepare the rest. Lay out the wrap and layer mashed avocado, cucumber, and tomatoes. Mix together hummus and apple cider vin by vigorously shaking in a ball jar or quickly whisking. Pour over kale and stir to combine. Finish your wrap by adding a layer of kale salad and optional hot pepper flakes and roll!
The trick to creating a tight wrap is to layer your ingredients in 1/3 of the wrap closest to you, then start on that side and roll tightly towards the empty side of the wrap… Slice in half for better handling!
Shrimp Fried Rice
Here is a healthy take on a satisfying meal!
1 lb. Frozen shrimp, thawed and grilled 2-3 min ea. side (until just cooked through and opaque)
2 cups Cooked brown rice (if possible cook earlier in the day or the night before and refrigerate)
1 Tbsp. Coconut oil or Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
2 Cloves garlic, minced
1/2 Medium red or yellow onion, chopped
1 cup Carrots, chopped into small pieces
1/2 cup Frozen green peas, defrosted
2 Tbsp. BRAGGS amino acids
Salt + pepper to taste
- Preheat a large wok or skillet over high heat for about 1 minute, Swirl in the oil and heat until it becomes thin. 2. Reduce heat to medium and add garlic and onion and stir about 15 to 30 seconds. 3. Add the carrots and cook until tender, about 2 to 3 minutes. 4. Move all the ingredients to a separate plate. 5. Break the eggs into the wok, and stir to scramble until they are almost cooked through but still a little soggy, about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes. 6. Add the shrimp and the peas, followed by the other vegetables and rice, stirring and tossing between each addition. Use your spatula to break up any clumps. 7. Add the BRAGGS and salt + pepper to taste. 8. Stir everything quickly around the wok until the rice is well coated and -colored (little bits of white here and there is OK) and heated through, about 3 to 4 minutes. (Tip: Add more oil if the rice begins to stick to the wok; reduce the heat if it starts to scorch.) Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary. 9. Divide the rice among dinner plates. Serve immediately.
Grilled Sausages with Sweet Potato ChipsThis is a simple meal but so satisfying! See the chicken pesto with zucchini noodles for pesto recipe!!!
4 TJ jalepeno sausages (or other sausage of your choice)
4 Large romaine leaves
4 Slices of organic turkey bacon cooked
¼ Sweet Onion; thinly sliced
2 Large sweet potatoes
3 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) + 1 tsp. divided
Salt + pepper to taste
1 tsp. Red chili pepper flakes (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400. 2. Thinly slice sweet potato and place on foil covered baking sheet. 3. Drizzle EVOO over the sweet potato and toss to coat and salt + pepper to taste. 4. Bake for about 20 min, flipping halfway through. (Keep an eye on them as to not burn but get nice and toasted) 5. Grill up your sausages till you have perfect grill marks on all sides J 6. Toss your onions in 1 tsp EVOO and grill over low until soft. 7. Mash up avocados. 8. Mix ½ mashed avocado with remaining pesto and optional red chili flakes. 9. Place sausages in crisp romaine leaves and top with sliced bacon, and divide remaining mashed avocado.
Avocado Tuna Wraps
This is my favorite way to make tuna, replacing the mayo with smashed avocado gives the meal an added buttery richness! Feel free to add your own favorite chopped ingredients in the tuna, some of mine are green onions and cilantro. Yum!
1 can Tuna
½ Chopped tomato
1 Splash apple cider vinegar
½ tsp. Paprika
Salt + pepper
Chopped jalapenos (optional for heat)
Romaine leaves for wrapping
- Drain tuna. 2. Mash up avocado. 3. Mix together tuna, avocado, tomato, vin, paprika, salt + pepper. 4. Serve in romaine lettuce leaves. 5. Sprinkle optional chopped jalapeno for heat!
Zucchini Sausage Stew with Cauliflower Rice
This Italian inspired meal is without carbs but not lacking in flavor!!
1 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
1 clove crushed garlic
½ onion chopped
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 zucchini, chopped
2 grilled TJ jalepeno sausage, sliced
2 cups tomato sauce
1 head of cauliflower (or already prepared Cailiflower rice)
1 Tbsp. ghee
1 Tbsp. coconut oil
3 Tbsp. cilantro
- Over Med heat sauté EVOO with garlic, and onion for 2-3 min. 2. Add bell pepper and zucchini, sauté for another 3-4 min. 3. Add chicken sausage, stir and cook together 3-4 min. 4. Add in tomato sauce and season with salt + pepper to taste. 5. Let simmer on Low while you prepare your cauliflower rice. 6. In food processor or large side of a cheese grater, “rice the cauliflower” (until finely chopped, but not mushy) 7. In a separate pan, warm the butter and coconut oil together. 8. Add cauliflower rice and stir to cook for 5 min. 9. Add chopped cilantro then turn to low and cover, steam for another 5 min. 10. Serve Stew over cauliflower rice!
Mini Burgers and Brussel Sprouts
These classic mini burgers get spruced up with a sweet side of brussel sprouts and some gourmet toppings!!
1 lb. organic hamburger meat
1 head of Butter Lettuce
1 Sweet onion
1 cup mushrooms
2 cups thinly sliced brussel sprouts
2 Tbsp. crushed pistachios
2 slices cooked organic turkey bacon, chopped
2 Tbsp. coconut oil; divided
1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
S+P to taste
- Preheat grill to Med Hi. 2. Form small patties (like a large meatball) of meat and grill till cooked to preference. 3. Sautee sliced Mushrooms and onions over med-low heat with coconut 10 min. 4. On stove over med heat warm 1 tbsp. coconut oil. 5. Add brussel sprouts and sauté 5 min, stirring occasionally. 6. Season with salt + pepper and add turkey bacon, stir together and cook 2 minutes to let flavors come together. 7. Add crushed pistachios and drizzle of vinegar. 8. Serve brussel sprouts warm with mini burgers and mayo or ketchup to preference.
These shrimp tacos will make your mouth water! The sweet and spicy flavor of strawberries, jalapeno and shrimp is delish in this spring/summer time dish.
1 lb. frozen shrimp, thawed
brown rice tortillas
1/2 pint strawberries, stemmed and quartered
1 avocado diced
2 green onions, thinly sliced
Handful fresh cilantro
Juice of 1 lime
S+P to taste
1 jalapeno diced
- Thaw shrimp, then grill in pan about 2 min ea. side over med heat (just till pink in color, do not overcook) 2. Heat black beans over low on the stove 3. In a bowl combine strawberries, avocado, green onion, cilantro, lime and salt + pepper. 4. Wipe pan clean and then warm tortillas. 5. Assemble tacos with tortilla, grilled shrimp, strawberry avocado salsa, and diced jalapeno for heat (leave off for the kids) Serve with beans.
Grilled Chicken Wraps
This is a simple recipe to use leftover chicken breasts! Create your own with your favorite approved toppings!!
2 grilled chicken breasts chopped
Sliced red onion (optional)
- Slice up the 2 leftover grilled chicken breasts from last night. 2. Layer on romaine leaves with avocado, sliced tomato, and onion (add mayo if you wish) and salt + pepper. 3. Enjoy with fresh green apple slices!
The. Best. Chicken. With Roasted Asparagus and Baby Carrots
This is the best chicken recipe period!
6 chicken breasts
1 cup apple cider vinegar
½ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
1 egg whisked
1½ tsp. spike or your favorite poultry seasoning
½ tsp. pepper
1 Tbsp. salt
1 bunch asparagus
2 cups baby carrots
2 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
S+P to taste
1. In large Ziploc bag, marinade chicken in apple vin, EVOO, egg, seasoning and salt + pepper for 1 hour up to 1 day. 2. Preheat oven to 400 and turn grill on to Med-Hi. 3. Break off ends of asparagus and place on foil-lined sheet with baby carrots. 4. Drizzle 2 tbsp. EVOO and salt + pepper onto veggies. 5. Roast for 20 min in oven or until tender. 6. Grill chicken breasts until cooked thoroughly, approx. 12-15 min (pierce to make sure there is no pink in center). 7. Enjoy with your roasted veggies!!!!
Spaghetti Squash and Grilled Sausage
This is such a tasty meal you’ll forget there isn’t pasta involved! Spaghetti squash when prepared like this lives up to its name. I love to pair mine with sausage but you could make meatballs or chicken breast with it to change it up too! You’ll want to tuck this tomato sauce recipe away too for other meals!!
1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
½ onion chopped
2 tbsp minced garlic
1 carrot shredded
½ cup finely sliced kale
1 jar clean marinara sauce
Italian spices to taste
Cooked spaghetti squash (see below instructions)
2 TJ garlic herb sausages
2 cups tomato sauce
Red pepper flakes (optional)
- Heat and 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) over low then sautee onion and garlic. 2. Add shredded carrots and chopped kale with marinara and Italian seasoning. 3. Cook over low for 45 min.
There are many methods to cooking spaghetti squash and while I prefer to stick it in the crock pot all day cut in half (seeds discarded), cut side up with a few inches of water. You can also bake in shallow baking dish with a few inches of water cut side down (seeds discarded) for about 1 hour or until tender and shreds easily with a fork. If you’re in a hurry you can cut the squash in half, discard the seeds and place in the microwave for 13-15 minutes. Once your spaghetti squashed is easily pierced, you will want to take a fork and go to town shredding the inside till you have a spaghetti like consistency, hence the name spaghetti squash.
Grill your sausage on a grill pan until you see those perfect grill marks and toss in spaghetti squash with your tomato sauce and optional red pepper flakes.
Chicken Tortilla Soup
This is a one of my favorite go-to meals! It cooks slow on the stove and makes the house smell soooo good! If you want to prepare this ahead of time you can always throw all the ingredients in your slow cooker and let simmer all day long, this only gets better with time and is delish as leftovers the next day with fresh toppings!! And you can add or take away ingredients based on what you have in your fridge!
2 cups shredded chicken
4 Tbsp. olive oil
½ onion diced
1 large carrot; diced
1 zuchinni; diced
1-quart chicken broth
2 cups water
1 lime + 1 more lime for topping
S+P to taste
4 Tbsp. cilantro + more for topping
1 can of black beans
2 cups of your favorite red salsa (mild or spicy—up to you!)
tortilla strips (brown rice tortillas cut in half and then cut into 1/4-inch strips and fried in coconut oil/ or Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
Chopped green onions
- Add EVOO to large pot over med heat. 2. Once oil is warmed, add chopped onions stirring often so as not to burn. Cook approx. 3-5 min until onions are tender. 3. Add shredded chicken, chicken broth, water, juice of 1 lime, carrots, diced zucchini, carrots, cilantro, black beans, salsa and salt + pepper to taste. 4. Simmer for 1 hour or longer. 5. Pour into individual bowls and add preferred toppings toppings
Twice Baked Potatoes
These yummy twice baked potatoes can be made with your own variation of mix-ins!!!
2 large sweet potatoes
2 Tbsp. ghee
1 package ground turkey
1 cup spinach
S+P to taste
fresh salsa (see our recipe)
Twice baked potatoes:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees 2. Cook potatoes in oven 30-45 min. (or until easily pierced in the center with fork) 3. Brown ground turkey with taco seasoning. 4. Cut potatoes in half and scrape inside into a med size bowl saving the skins. 5. Mix in ghee, turkey, spinach and Salt + pepper to taste. 6. Fill skins with the mixed potato. 7. Place in shallow baking dish (covered in foil for easy cleanup) and broil for 5 min until top is browned. 8. Add a scoop of your favorite fresh salsa.
Coconut Chicken with Almonds
1/2 cup almonds, chopped
1 (15 ounce) can light coconut milk
4 cups raw spinach leaves, tightly packed when measuring
4 chicken breasts (about 7 ounces each), chopped into bite-sized pieces
1/2 tsp. finely grated fresh ginger (grate on a micro plane for best results) 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
Combine all ingredients in a large pan and cook until the chicken is fully cooked through. Serve by itself or over brown rice, spaghetti squash, fresh spinach or quinoa pasta.
Turkey and Veggie Meatloaf Minis
1/2 cup of grated onion
1 1/4 pounds raw lean ground turkey
1 cup of dry broccoli cole slaw chopped to fit one full cup
1/2 cup of cooked brown rice
3 cloves of garlic minced
1/2 tsp of Bragg's Aminos
1/2 cup of fat free liquid egg substitute or one egg 1/4 cup plus 3 tbs of a 6oz can of an organic tomato paste
Add all the ingredients and 1/4 cup of the tomato paste except the turkey into a large bowl and mix well. Then add the turkey and mix it in.
Line 12 cups of a muffin pan with baking cups or spray with nonstick spray. With a teaspoon, evenly distribute turkey-veggie mixture among the muffin cups, and top each with 1 tsp of tomato paste.
Bake in the oven for 30 minutes. Let stand for five minutes before serving.
Serve as meatloaf or make spaghetti out of spaghetti squash and serve as meatballs with an organic marina sauce.
Clean Eating Fajitas
1 large red bell pepper, sliced thin lengthwise
1 large yellow bell pepper, sliced thin lengthwise
1 large orange bell pepper, sliced thin lengthwise
5 raw, boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced thin lengthwise (about 7 oz. each)
1 large red onion, slice thin
1 tbsp. garlic powder
1 tbsp. onion powder
1 tbsp. chili powder
1 tbsp. ground cumin 1 tbsp. olive oil
Saute’ everything in a large pan, adding the spices about half way through. Top on a bed of fresh greens with salsa and a 1/4 avocado.
Cauliflower Fried Rice
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp Braggs Aminos
1 large egg
1 cup cauliflower, grated
2 tsp garlic
1/4 cup chopped scallions
Grate the cauliflower using either the largest holes on a hand grater or with the grating blade in food processor. The results should resemble the size of cooked white rice.
Heat oil to cover the bottom of a small skillet on medium-high. Quickly stir-fry the white of the onions and the garlic.
Add the cauliflower and sauté for 4-5 minutes, stirring constantly until it begins to color a bit. Don't overcook or it might get mushy.
Stir in Braggs. Push the cauliflower to one side of the pan; pour in the beaten egg.
Lightly scramble the egg briefly then mix into the cauliflower.
Add the green onion top and toss.
Add more veggies to your heart's desire (pea pods, carrots, fresh ginger, collard greens, kale, spinach or slivered almonds)
Savory Fall Stew
1 Cup Lentils
3/4 Cup Quinoa
1 cup Water
2 Quarts Vegetable Broth
2 cups Mushrooms, sliced
1 cup Carrots, sliced
1 yellow Onion, diced
1 Tbs. Black Pepper
1 Tbs. Basil
2 cloves Garlic
2 tsp. Thyme
1 Bunch Fresh Kale
Mix ingredients together in crock pot and cook on low for 4 to 6 hours (options: leeks, brussel sprouts, broccoli)
Slow Cooker Whole Chicken Recipe with Lemon
1 whole lemon
One whole chicken
1 chopped onion
5 cloves garlic, chopped
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
1 pound carrots, chopped
2 red bell peppers, chopped
1 can fire roasted crushed tomatoes
In a small bowl, mix together all the spices and juice from lemon (reserving the lemon rind).
Apply the spice mixture generously all over the inside and outside of the bird. Stuff the cavity of the chicken with half of the onions, half of the garlic and half of the cilantro.
Place the remaining onions, garlic and cilantro, carrots, peppers and tomatoes in the bottom of slow cooker. Place the chicken on top of the vegetables. Cover and cook on low for about 6 hours or on high for approximately 3 1/2 to 4 hours, or until the meat pulls easily away from the bones.
Serve warm on a bed of fresh spinach or with a side salad.
Clean Chicken Parmesan
1 lb organic chicken
1 Tbl of EVOO
1 Clove of garlic minced
Salt, pepper and/or your favorite seasoning to taste
In a 9x13 baking dish cover bottom with marinara sauce (save a tablespoon to drizzle on chicken) Pound chicken so it is about Half-inch thick and place on top of marinara. Rub oil onto each chicken breast then sprinkle garlic and basil on top.
Finish with your favorite seasoning! Drizzle remaining tablespoon of marinara on top. Bake at 375 for 20-30 minutes depending on size and thickness of chicken!
I serve on top of spaghetti squash that I roast for about an hour on 375! Enjoy! Yum!
Roasted Tomatoes & Shrimp w/ Zucchini Noodles
- 1 pint Cherry tomatoes
- 2 tsp EVOO
- Kosher Salt & Black Pepper
- 1/2 lb extra large shrimp
- 2 tsp EVOO
- 1 clove of garlic
- Fresh parsley
- 1/2 lemon
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 zucchinis, spiralized
- 1 tsp of EVOO
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Place tomatoes on a rimmed baking sheet and drizzle with 1 1/2 Tbsp of Olive oil and salt and pepper. Roast for 10-12 min. IN a bowl toss together shrimp, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper. Remove tomatoes from over, add shrimp and roast for another 5 minutes. Add zoodles to a hot skillet and saute for 1-2 minutes with olive oil, salt and pepper. Remove and pour over top of noodles, squeeze juice of lemon and top with parsley.