for Second Language Educators
JOIN US ON AUGUST 16 - 17, 2018!
What is the Leadership Institute for Second Language Educators?
The Institute for Innovation in Second Language Education (IISLE) at Edmonton Public Schools is again offering this unique, research-based professional learning opportunity designed to assist leaders in implementing exemplary programs for all second languages.
This institute focuses on the use of a strategic planning tool that has been specifically designed by IISLE to support administrators and teacher leaders to assess and improve their second language program effectiveness. This tool has been used by school principals, central administrators, department heads and teacher leaders for three years, with great success.
This two-day workshop covers several key topics for lead educators in language programs, including:
- Characteristics of effective language programming
- Assessment and analyzing of program effectiveness
- Inclusive education in language programming
- Effective technologies for language learning
- Local, national and international trends in languages
Who should attend the Leadership Institute?
The Second Languages Educators Leadership Institute is designed for school district leaders, school administrators, consultants, department heads and lead teachers involved in second language leadership both in and outside of Canada.
The Summer Leadership Institute 2017 was attended by local, provincial, national and international language leaders!
For more information, contact Marie Commance-Shulko, 780-429-8293.
- $300 for Non-Edmonton Public Schools staff
- $75 for Edmonton Public Schools staff