Principal's Weekly News, October 5th
JSE Monthly Attributes
Characteristic of a Successful Learner (CSL): Be a Self-Directed Learner
Bucket-Filling Trait: Patience
It's a Marvelous Monday at JSE!
Students hurried to their classrooms this morning elated to start "filling buckets" and proving themselves "successful learners." I am sure they have shared with you our Friday Bucket Filling drawing for prizes and the excitement of "A Principal's Breakfast" at the end of the month to celebrate our successful learners.
Each month a new character trait and a new successful learner characteristic will be introduced through our morning televised JSE News! Mrs. Field's, our Home-School Advisor, and I had the pleasure of explaining each of these character building programs to classrooms. I have attached a clip of the "bucket filling" concept for your viewing. Teachers will focus on these words in their daily classroom dialogue and students will be recognized and celebrated for exhibiting these attributes. In October we focus on patience and being a self-directed learner.
Our KKC Club (Kids Caring for the Community) of volunteer 5th grade students are already filling buckets and exploring ideas for service learning projects.
Fire Prevention Week
From the Desk of Mrs. Fields:
Attendance: The following classes won for September Attendance and received popcorn!
Miss Dravet: 99.5%
Mr. Dobitz and Mrs. Stokes tied 98.6%
Mrs. Asher 99.3%
Overall school wide attendance for Aug-September was 98.3% AWESOME ATTENDANCE!
Reminders from our school handbook:
- Please call the school office before 10:00 am if your child is absent, and call every day of the absence.
- Absences without a phone call or note upon return will be recorded as unexcused.
- Vacations taken during the school year will be considered unexcused. Please notify your child's teacher and complete an arranged absence form prior to the absence. Any questions, please call the office.
- PTO Monthly Meeting: This Tuesday 6pm, JSE Cafeteria
- Main Character Pumpkins-A flyer will go home in Thursday Folder.
- Thank you for the candy donation for our JSE trick or treat event!
- Little Caesar's Pizza Kit Fundraiser: Due October 14th. Top selling class will win a PIZZA PARTY!
- Ladies Night Out: Information will come home after fall break.
10/12 No School-Teacher Professional Development Day
10/28 PTO Trick or Treat Wednesday 6pm
11/4,5 Parent Teacher After-School Conferences
11/11 Veteran's Day Program
11/20 PTO Ladies Night Out at JSE 6-8
12/9 Winter Music Program at WHS 7pm *Plan ahead we will have one, all grades combined, show. More information to come.
Every Friday is Spirit Day! Wear orange and green!
You are always welcome at JSE!
Please let us know how we can strengthen our partnership with you!
Leigh Barnes, Principal
Barb Rittel, Secretary
Chris Fields, Home School Advisor
Kathy Maniszko, School Nurse