NCE Family Newsletter
February 12, 2023
It's I Love to Read Month!
This week, please read Chapters 2-5 at home. If you would like to view teacher recordings, click the links below.
- Cell phones should be off and away during the school day. Most teachers offer to collect and lock phones up when students enter the building. If cell phones are out repeatedly throughout the day, the teacher will ask the student to hand it over until the end of the day.
- Please remind all students who ride buses that they should remain seated at all times and keep their hands, feet, and other objects to themselves. Not doing so will likely result in denial of bus transportation.
- We are working hard to limit the traffic in the hallways, specifically during our lunch periods. Homeroom teachers will ensure that students have opportunities to use the restrooms before and after lunch. Unless it is an emergency, we will ask students to wait until after lunch to use the restrooms.
- Library book check out is on pause for the next couple of weeks due to a new barcoding system. Students can still return books to the library but will not be able to checkout until the collection is updated
The Food Pantry at NCE
Please complete this survey to help us get information for our food pantry in our school. Thank you for your participation, we will be using this information to help us better serve our families who would use these services at our building.
Complete esta encuesta para ayudarnos a obtener información para nuestra despensa de alimentos en nuestra escuela. Gracias por su participación, usaremos esta información para ayudarnos a servir mejor a nuestras familias que usarían estos servicios en nuestro edificio.
SummerCollab Academic Enrichment Program
While this program takes place at New Castle, it is run entirely by SummerCollab. If you have any questions, please reach out to them directly using the information found below:
- (302)558-4177 (this phone number is only monitored during program hours, you’re welcome to call or text when needed)
- (302)689-3539 - Jennifer Reid, Program Operations Director
- firstname.lastname@example.org - Jennifer Reid, Program Operations Director
- email@example.com - Dian Williams, Site Leader at NCES
If your child has been or is going to be absent for an upcoming appointment or any other reason, you can submit that information by clicking the button above.
Breakfast and Lunch are provided FREE OF CHARGE for all students!
Be mindful that even if your child brings breakfast and/or lunch with them, we CANNOT DENY students access to the meals that we have in school, so if you do not want them to eat a school breakfast/lunch or have concerns about the possibility of them eating a double lunch (the one that bring from home and what we offer in school) and ending up with a tummy ache, please have that conversation with your scholar. :-)
TRANSLATE THIS NEWLETTER/ ¡TRADUCE ESTE BOLETÍN!
¡Tenemos una función de traducción! ¡Simplemente haga clic en "traducir boletín informativo" y podrá elegir entre muchos idiomas diferentes!