Jr. Scout/Stuart Little's Tot Times
The Tot Spot Early Education Academy
Ms. Alisha's Email: email@example.com
Ms. Katie's Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Le Andra's Email: email@example.com
Teacher's Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on Instagram: thetotspotschool
We also now have a Youtube Channel: The Tot Spot Early Learning Academy and Pinterest: The Tot Spot Early Education Academy...be sure and follow us!!
Special Events and Birthdays!!
Welcome Ms. Alex, Harrison, and Jack!!!
Goodbye Ms. Kayla, Kriti, Gabby, and Everly! Enjoy the Scout's Classroom
March 1- Kriti
March 5- Gabby
April 21st - Everly
April 24th-26th: Parent Teacher Conferences - Sign Ups will be up the end of March/beginning of April
April 24th: Administrative Professionals Day - be sure and thank our Admin team for all their hard work!
May 7 - Picture Day
May 10 - Muffins with Mom
-June 7 - Closed for Family Fun Day!
June 14 - Donuts with Dad
June 17-26th No Ramseys
March came and went, and we are excited for April to bring some spring weather.
Remember to bring rain boots or shoes that can get muddy. Also a light jacket.
What is that?
- What is Muffins with Mom? Come in at pickup or drop off and join your kiddo for a muffin, milk, and juice and pick up a special present made just for you!
- What is Family Fun Day? Everyone comes with a pitch in item (look for sign up sheet in May) to hang out, eat, and watch the kiddos graduation ceremony. It's a super great time! (Just my opinion). This year it will be at Hamilton Sports Complex.
- What is Donuts with Dad? Same as Mother's Day but instead enjoy some donuts...oh yeah!
Upcoming Zoophonics Friends
Week of March 25th- Review for M, N, and W
Week of April 1st- Xavier Fox
Week of April 8th- Yancy Yak
Week of April 15th- Zeke Zebra
Week of April 22nd- X,Y, Z review
Week of April 29th- Numbers Week
New to our school? Check out links at the end of the newsletter to learn the sounds and Zoophonics song.
PTO and Vacations
Who do you contact concerning vacation credit? Please email Mr. Mike at email@example.com
In the Classroom!
- Remind Me App: It's a free app that we're using to for simple reminders like show and share, friend of the week, physical due dates, etc. Our class code is 26kh9g
Fav books for the month: Elmos: It's Mine A book about Sharing, Elmo M,N,&W books, 5 little monkeys
Table Time: We'll continue on our nuts/bolts, vocal phrases, and stringing beads.
This month we'll add a matching game
Sensory, Art, Science:
We're going to enjoy coloring our animal friends of the week and make homes for them and talk about where they live
Did you know we have snack math every day? We spend this time working on counting, color recognition, shapes, and vocab.
This month we have our a magnet testing activity planned, doctor and nurse play, as well as water discovery activities
We're continuing to practice and learn how to use our manners, say please, thank you, and sorry.
Gross Motor/Music & Movement: We're going to spend the month doing some animal yoga poses, continue working on balancing on one foot and jumping up and down with both feet of the ground And of course peek a boo and patty cake.
I'm super excited for some Spring books this month...are you?? Check out all the deals for this month!! Scholastic will be sent out April 9th and will orders will be due April 18th. Our online code is HQ686
Healthy Start Wisdom
The Book Nook
The Parent's Spotlight
Thank you to all the parents who donated supplies, food, and decorations for our Valentine's Day party!
Thank you to all the parents and family members who made our Valentine's Day party extra special by being our guests!
Remember there is a suggestion box in the lobby, and we love to hear about ideas to enhance the learning environment for your children.
Thank you for your understanding of being closed March 15th in order for teachers to participate in conferences to become ever better teachers to your kiddos
Bringing in donations of items anytime we ask...you guys rock!!
- Please make sure that your child has weather appropriate clothing in their cubbies. It's getting warmer and wetter outside so make sure your child has lighter jacket and boots and or extra shoes if you don't want them muddy
Would you like to donate?
We could use:
- Shoes and socks (all sizes) for back ups for when kiddos have accidents
- Shoe boxes with lids
- Storage boxes
- Clear plastic jars ie mayonnaise
- Is there ever a time when you say to yourself, " I wonder if The Tot Spot would want this"? We could use it in so many ways. You may have babies, but the whole school is yours. Everything can turn into a sensory activity or learning experience. So, before you throw out your junk, ask your teacher if it could be used
The Teacher's Spotlight
Question: If you could eliminate one household chore what would it be and why?
- Ms. Alex: Putting laundry away! I have piles everywhere!!
- Ms. Alisha: Clean the restroom because it’s the only chore I may do upon occasion. Thank you to my darling hubby who does everything else!
- Mr. Mike: Dust because of allergies!!!
- Ms. Le Andra: Dishes for sure!! I'm horrible because I wait until I have a full sink and then it's just gross and takes FOREVER!!
- Ms. Katie: I would give up folding laundry. It takes forever and just when I think I'm done, another basket seems to magically appear. I would also love to never match socks again. I mean, really, where do all the matches go?!
- Ms. Erin: Doing the dishes because there's always a new dish to wash more often than any other chore (volunteer)
Ms. Kit: Dishes..it's a never ending chore