Wisconsin Virtual Learning
Alternative Enrollment - Opens July 1, 2018
Application - Next Steps
The Alternative Enrollment Program opens on July 1, 2018.
- Beginning July 1, 2018, all applications submitted for enrollment will be entered into the open enrollment portal by our Enrollment Coordinator, Ann Baumann.
- You will receive confirmation of your application being submitted at that time.
- Please know that the entire application process can take up to 30 days. Most applications are processed and the appropriate decision made within 5 to 10 days.
- At this time, we will be reviewing your request and obtaining enrollment approval from your resident school and the Northern Ozaukee School District.
- We are required to request any special education records and/or expulsion records for all student applications.
- Current immunization records or a completed immunization waiver will be requested upon application approved prior to enrollment with WVL.
- Each application is reviewed based upon the information you have provided.
We will be contacting the last school of record (if applicable), your resident school district and you; to obtain additional information as needed.
- We encourage you to visit our web site. Please view our Family Orientation Sessions. These video sessions will explain our elementary, middle and high school models and help you to have a better understanding of your role and our school expectations.
- While visiting the WVL web site, please also take a moment to review the current student handbook. The student handbook contains an outline of the WVL Mission and our expectations.
We thank you for your interest in Wisconsin Virtual Learning. We look forward to working with you and your student in the future.
New Family Information
- Our ultimate goal is for you & your student to achieve successful educational outcomes while enrolled with WVL.
- WVL is a Virtual Charter Public School and is not home-schooling. Therefore, students attending virtual charter schools are public school students.
- Your ability to have ongoing internet access is a requirement of our school in order to complete coursework.
- Laptop computers are available for students to borrow.
- Students borrowing a WVL laptop must purchase laptop protection insurance coverage.
- Laptop protection coverage fees are $50.00/per year, per student and are non-refundable. Additional information about the plan is listed on our WVL website.
- All 1st time students enrolling into public school (to include 4K and KG) will need to provide birth date verification. A copy of the student’s birth certificate or other document may be used for this purpose.
- All public school students are required to meet State of Wisconsin Immunization guidelines or have Immunization waivers submitted prior to the first day of school.
Video recordings explaining our elementary, middle and high school model. Additionally we have a video created by one of our high school students explaining what a day in her life looks like as a student attending WVL.
Enrollment Contact Information
Danielle Biever - Organizational Development Coordinator
Ann Baumann - Registrar / Enrollment Coordinator
Summer office hours:
Monday -Thursday - 8:00 am - 4:00 pm