Training Teachers on Technology
Increasing Teacher Confidence
Presenter: Paul Sanfranceso
Issue: Sometimes students know more about technology than teachers and administrators.
Top 3 Things That Would Improve Technology Use in Schools
- Training on how to integrate technology into learning.
- Training on how to use current technology.
- Internet access should be wireless and available for students to use anywhere on campus.
Top 3 Things That Would Have the Greatest Positive Impact on Learning
- Personal laptops
- Access to online databases
- Digital Equipment for creating multimedia projects.
The seminar would allow for teachers jump ahead if they are ready and others be paced as they become comfortable. SMART Boards, LCD Projectors, Distance Learning Apps and Google Drive would be some of the technology that will be taught.
Training Teachers on New Technology
- Develop a multifaceted training model for teachers.
- Make the technology an incentive.
- Take teachers out of their comfort zone.
- Don't try to force technology.
- Let teachers decide if they want the technology or not.