Rocket Family Weekly Update - Week of May 24-28
Weekly Note from Mrs. Clement - LAST WEEK of SCHOOL
May 23, 2021
Dear Rocket Families,
What a school YEAR!!!!!!! Its closure brings about mixed emotions for us all. While we made the best of the many challenges this school year presented and we are HAPPY to CELEBRATE, it also very much feels that our time with students was cut way too short. Our teachers work hard to create incredible classroom communities each year and this year's goodbye for students and staff will be bittersweet.
There are SEVERAL very important announcements for this final week:
1. Field Day: Field Day will take place on Wednesday. ALL REMOTE students are invited to come and spend the entire day. Unfortunately, due to restrictions that are still in place, we are not able to have parents attend this event. REMOTE students are asked to PLEASE let their teacher know if they are planning to attend by 3 PM on Monday. ****Students are asked to bring a towel and wear clothes/tennis shoes they do not mind getting dirty and/or wet.****
2. 5th Grade and Kindergarten Celebrations: We will hold a 5th Grade Celebration for students on Thursday at 9:00 AM and a Kindergarten Celebration on Friday at 9:00 AM. These will be OUTDOOR EVENTS on our back playground/library areas. Students are limited to two adult guests and any young children, not of school age. If a student goes between households they may have up to four adult guests along with any young children, not of school age.
We ask that guests enter the back playground area using the gate entrance that is near our front parking lots. Students are asked to submit their guest list with names by tomorrow (Monday, May 23) so we can expedite the guest check-in process and plan appropriately. Guests are asked to bring their own lawn chairs for this event. Masks are recommended for any adult guests who have not been vaccinated.
*** A photographer will be on-site to capture a photo of students receiving their class certificates. Individual student photos will be available for pick-up once they have been processed for FREE.***
3. EOG Assessments: We continue to do make-up testing for EOG Assessments this week.
4. Library Books: All LIBRARY BOOKS should be returned to avoid any fees.
5. Yearbooks: Yearbooks were given out to students who made advance purchases last Friday. We have roughly 20 left at a cost of $20. These will be first-come, first-serve in the main office. Please do not Dojo or message your child's teacher as we can't make any guarantees that you will have one with that communication.
6. Last Day of School Dismissal: Friday, May 28th at 11:00 AM
7. Summer Learning Program: Our Summer Learning Program begins next Tuesday, June 1 and runs through July 13 from 7:30-2:45 Monday-Thursday each week. We have VERY limited staff during this time so we ask that car riders arrive between 7:15-7:30. Bus riders will receive bus information regarding AM pick-up times and PM drop-off times later this week.
On a final note for this week I'd like to share that we have two staff retirements: Ms. Betsy Wells - Kindergarten Teacher and Ms. Starr Morrow - EC Program Specialist. We will very much miss both of these ladies but know they will certainly enjoy retirement!
As always, if you have any questions or suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact me. I am available by Dojo, email (email@example.com), or by phone – (828) 287-3778.
- Wednesday, May 26th
5th Grade Celebration
- Thursday, May 27th at 9:00 AM
Last Day of School
- Friday, May 28th
- Kindergarten Celebration at 9:00 AM
- Students dismissed at 11:00 AM
Summer School Learning Program
- June 1- July 13
- 7:30-2:45; Monday - Thursday
- Car Rider Line begins at 7:15