Friday 20th November
- We will be putting the Christmas Card post box in school again this year. Children can write cards to their friends (in our school only please!) and post them. Please ensure that the full name and class is written on the envelope. We will leave cards in the box to sanitise before delivering them so please be patient – we will make sure that they are given out before Christmas.
- This year we will be participating in Christmas Jumper Day for Save the Children on 11th December. Children are invited to come into school in their jumper on that day. Donations can be made by ParentPay.
- We appreciate that school meal choices have caused a few problems recently. We are reviewing our system and will make some changes in January. We have now put the menu on the school website so that you check your choices easily.
- Don’t forget that FOSS are collecting prizes for the Christmas raffle and chocolate tombola by 4th December please so that items can be appropriately sanitised. Thank you
- We are working with the Energy Doctor to promote Big Energy Saving Winter, a campaign to help households to save money and energy this winter. Every week we will bring you a new top tip and for further information or advice you can contact Kate, the Energy Doctor on 01757 249100 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tip of the Week:
Are you eligible for £140 towards your winter energy bills? The Warm Home Discount is a government scheme that gives a one-off grant of £140 to eligible households over the winter. You may be eligible if your household income is under £16,190 and there are children, someone with a disability or someone of pensionable age in your home. You need to apply to your electricity supplier but can find more information here: bit.ly/whdinfo2020
This weeks reminders:
- Next week we will be on WEEK 2 of the lunch menu. The Autumn lunch menu is available to see from the website under Lunches. If you would like to make any changes can you please ensure you let the office know as soon as possible.
- Can I please ask you to check your ParentPay accounts regularly to ensure these are kept in credit.
Details of events and school activities. This is also accessible through the school website.