Panther PRIDE Weekly News
CIMARRON M.S. - OCTOBER, 2021
FROM BEHIND THE DESK
Hello Young and Wise Panthers Alike!
This week we are recognizing Acts of Kindness (A-OK) with grade level assemblies in our two gyms. Our faculty and staff meet with and recognize our young scholars for the positive moments they see in our young scholars. This week there have so far been moments for 8th and 7th grade honored. Tomorrow, 6th graders will be recognized during our Advisory period. Our young scholars celebrated are noted for their A-OK contributions to strengthen our culture of Panther PRIDE at Cimarron MS! Thank you for leading at home and supporting the learning and growth of our young scholars pursuing Positivity, Respect, Integrity, Diligence, and Empathy.
I need your help; Cimarron needs your expertise and time. Each week Cimarron has a need for substitute teachers and bus drivers. I ask you to consider helping us by being a substitute teacher one day a week or one day a month. We will even make the time to train you at Cimarron MS, if we have as few as 5 people ready. Our teachers and others are called upon to cover classes when we have shortages during the day; this means that a teacher will lose time to plan and develop meaningful lessons within their work day. I appreciate your consideration in lending a helping hand by contributing yourself or finding another courageous person to step in and help Cimarron. You may learn more here: https://edmondschools.net/district/departments/human-resources/substitute-requirements/ or by reaching out to me via the phone or email.
Also, there is even a greater need for bus drivers. Not long ago, we were needing 3 routes covered. Mr. Huffines and I drove our young scholars home in the afternoon. Our transportation department does a wonderful job with strained human capital. If you or someone you know is looking to work with Edmond's youth here is a way, part-time and full-time opportunities are available. We brought fun and enjoyment; I encourage you or someone you know to picking up a route and support EPS.
In looking for people to hire, look for three qualities: integrity, intelligence and energy. And if they don’t have the first, the other two will (cost) you.
— Warren Buffett
CIMARRON NEEDS SUBS! It could be you!
You may even choose only Cimarron MS and we can train you at Cimarron if we have a handful ready.
Do you want to sub or know someone who might? All substitute applications must be completed online!
Once you open the link, type “2021-22 Substitutes” in the search bar and fill in the requested information. First-time applicants will need to create an account while returning applicants will be required to sign in to access the previously-created application for review and updates.
Come be a part of the EPS and Cimarron family! Apply to be a Sub TODAY!
40th Anniversary Celebration! - CELEBRATION MOVED TO APRIL 8, 2022!
The 2021-22 school year marks the 40th Anniversary of Cimarron Middle School. We have been blessed with a rich history, amazing faculty and staff, and, of course, awesome students. Watch for details this spring as we celebrate our Cimarron heritage!
Our annual Panther Pride Donation Drive has been was rebranded and is now known as Campaign 8100 in honor of Cimarron opening its doors in 1981. This year is Cimarron's 40th birthday and we'd love to raise $8100 to celebrate! These funds will help add furniture to the new Panther Pit student area as well as help to meet technology needs at Cimarron. This is surely something that will also benefit students in the years to come, too!
Have a business and want to partner with your CPTO? We'd love to! Please contact Melanie at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more. We have many opportunities to work together to benefit Cimarron and get your name in front of our many families.
And our Panther Pride donation? Forget annoying fundraisers! We aim to collect just $18/student to help fund over 15 school programs, provide/upgrade technology, and other classroom needs. This fee raises $15,000 and is how your CPTO can continue to operate each year. We are a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization. All donations are tax-deductible.
CPTO PIZZA DAYS! Next Pizza Day is October 13th. Don't wait! Place your order today!
Amazon Smile - Any purchases made from Amazon and Whole Foods can support Cimarron! Be sure this is turned on not only for your computer but also your phone! Share this link with friends and family so they can support CMS as well. Search for Cimarron Parent Teacher Organization Incorporated and start shopping!
Box Tops for Education - If you buy groceries, you can raise funds for Cimarron! This works even for grocery deliveries!
October 22 - FUN FOOD FRIDAY!
October 27 - Fall Picture RETAKES
October 28 - Coffee & Conversation w/ Mr. Schmidt @ Ellis Island, 7am-10am
October 5 - FUN FOOD FRIDAY!
October 5-6 - Play Performance
November 7 - Daylight Saving Time Ends - Fall Back!
November 10 - CPTO Pizza Day!
November 12 - 19 - Scholastic Book Fair
November 19 - FUN FOOD FRIDAY!
November 22 - 26 - Thanksgiving Break
- Quarantines: On Monday, October 4, EPS MOVED from quarantines required to quarantine notification. Wednesday, September 29 is day 10 of quarantines remaining below .5%, but transitions work best when they happen at a natural break or over a weekend. Therefore, the district has set Monday, October 4 for this change in procedure to go into effect. Quarantines have been effective in stopping the spread of the Covid virus in our schools. So, why is the district no longer requiring quarantines for someone exposed to a Covid positive individual? We have reached a threshold where the school will no longer be acting on behalf of the OCCHD to require quarantines. This responsibility will shift back to the OCCHD and to parents. Parents will still be notified when their child has been in close contact with a positive case of COVID and then will have the responsibility whether to quarantine their child or not. If something changes or a new variant causes a resurgence of cases, we will reinstate quarantines if we remain above the .5% threshold for a number of days in the future.
- Exposure: Schools will notify parents if their child has been exposed at school and provide symptom guidance. Symptom Guidance
- Isolation: Anyone with a positive COVID-19 test will be required to isolate regardless of vaccination status.
- Our dedicated operations team will continue to deep clean and sanitize our school facilities, and all staff members will continue to encourage thorough handwashing. Hand sanitizer will also be readily available for students.
- Where possible, we will continue to observe social distancing.
- Anyone with a fever, diarrhea, or vomiting must stay home until 24 hours symptom-free. It is more important than ever that you do not send your child to school if they are feeling unwell until you know the cause of their illness.
- Are at-home tests accepted to end a quarantine? No. Covid testing to return from a quarantine can be either Rapid Antigen, Rapid PCR, or Standard PCR and must be collected at a testing facility, clinic, or other medical facilities. At-home tests will not be accepted.
- What if my child develops symptoms (mild or not) during quarantines? Please email email@example.com or call 405-340-2935 to discuss.
YOUR ONE-STOP SHOP FOR DIGITAL CONNECTIONS - Infinite Campus, Child Nutrition, Chromebook Troubleshooting, WiFi Needs, AND More!
ADMINISTRATORS & COUNSELORS
Gabe Schmidt - Lead Principal, 7th Grade
Sarah Dobbs - Principal, 8th Grade
Dr. Kacy Harsha - Principal, 6th Grade
Lauren Lubbers - 8th Grade Counselor
Jessica Cook - 7th Grade Counselor
Teresa Murray - 6th Grade Counselor
Cimarron’s School Resource Officers: Sgt. Littles & Sgt. Pearson - Welcome Video