Panther Weekly News
CIMARRON M.S. - SEPTEMBER, 2021
FROM BEHIND THE DESK
Hello Panther Nation!
Football Season is in the air! Tonight our young men take on a worthy team. If you are attending the MS or HS football games tonight or tomorrow, you are expected to represent Cimarron with Panther PRIDE. This means we will be great fans by being seated in the stands on Memorial's side cheering our team of Panthers (or Bulldogs on Friday). We will be in our seats not walking around, and not on the visitors side. If you are unable to choose wisely, you will be able to attend with your family next time. We will cheer mightily with great fanfare in a PAWSITIVE way for our team of Panthers!
And I absolutely love that we are bringing back our Acts of Kindness (A-OK) Assemblies! the A-OK Assemblies this week! They are marvelous! 6th grade tomorrow is going to be rewarding to highlight the behaviors we love to see... especially when our young scholars think we didn't notice or even forgot. Soon our Yearbook Staff will be sharing photos and images!
Also... we have a jungle/safari theme next Friday to support the OKC Zoo. This is a technology recycling drive in partnership with the OKC Zoo! Oh... And a dress up day to remember to contribute to the cause!
Make it a great end to this week! And... If you have yet to hear it Panther Nation; you are loved!
“If things came easy, then everybody would be great at what they did.”
-- Mike Ditka #DaBears
GORILLAS ON THE LINE
Next week the Volunteering Clubs will be hosting Gorillas on the Line. This is a technology recycling drive in partnership with the OKC Zoo!
Main points include:
1. Donations can be brought to the Panther Pit before school Tuesday 9/21- Friday 9/24
2. Anyone who donates will have their name put in the drawing to win a painting (in Cimarron colors!) done by George, one of the gorillas that lives here at the OKC zoo!
3. Dress up day Friday, 9/24 to celebrate World Gorilla Day and the last day of the technology recycling drive. Theme: Safari/Jungle.
If you have questions, Mrs. Charissa Badré is leading out on this project.
RED DAY RUN 21
Up to 250 EPS students can register at no cost through the EPS Foundation to run! A virtual option is also available. Parents can sign up their students HERE by 9/30/2021.
Register yourself and VOTE for EPSF. Virtual option available.
CPTO NEWS AND DATES TO REMEMBER!
Our annual Panther Pride Donation Drive has been was rebranded and is now known as Campaign 8100 in honor of Cimarron opening its doors in 1981. This year is Cimarron's 40th birthday and we'd love to raise $8100 to celebrate! These funds will help add furniture to the new Panther Pit student area as well as help to meet technology needs at Cimarron. This is surely something that will also benefit students in the years to come, too!
Have a business and want to partner with your CPTO? We'd love to! Please contact Melanie at email@example.com to learn more. We have many opportunities to work together to benefit Cimarron and get your name in front of our many families.
Information Day Fees
Did you know that while many families donate to their elementary schools, they don't tend to think of the many needs their students and staff face in middle school? Your CPTO provides funds for many activities that wouldn't take place without your help. Activity fees for each grade help cover costs associated with field trips, class parties and supplies for special classroom activities. Monies donated towards staff appreciation helps to partially cover the cost of staff appreciation activities throughout the year for our deserving CMS teachers and staff.
And our Panther Pride donation? Forget annoying fundraisers! We aim to collect just $18/student to help fund over 15 school programs, provide/upgrade technology, and other classroom needs. This fee raises $15,000 and is how your CPTO can continue to operate each year. We are a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization. All donations are tax-deductible.
40th Anniversary Celebration! - Celebrate the 40th Anniversary of Cimarron Middle School with a commemorative t-shirt and tumbler! Watch for details on the grand celebration, October 8th, coming soon. We are PANTHERS!
CPTO PIZZA DAYS! Next Pizza Day is October 13th. Don't wait! Place your order today!
Amazon Smile - Any purchases made from Amazon and Whole Foods can support Cimarron! Be sure this is turned on not only for your computer but also your phone! Share this link with friends and family so they can support CMS as well. Search for Cimarron Parent Teacher Organization Incorporated and start shopping!
Box Tops for Education - If you buy groceries, you can raise funds for Cimarron! This works even for grocery deliveries!
- September 24 - FUN FOOD FRIDAY!
- September 24 - Last day to purchase STPP!! (see link below)
October 1 - Custodian Appreciation Day
October 7 - Parent/Teacher Conferences - Watch for details
October 8 - FUN FOOD FRIDAY!
October 8 - 40th Anniversary of Cimarron Middle School
October 11 - Parent/Teacher Conferences - Watch for details
October 12 - Dine Out @ Five Guys Burgers 2p - Close
October 13 - CPTO Pizza Day
October 14 - 18 Fall Break - No School
October 21 - CPTO Meeting 9a
October 22 - FUN FOOD FRIDAY!
October 27 - Fall Picture RETAKES
Protect your student's Chromebook. Purchase the $25/year Student Technology Protection Plan (STPP). Parents will be financially responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged devices, chargers, and cases.
Per the most recent guidance from the Oklahoma City-County Health Department (OCCHD), quarantines are required for individuals exposed to a positive COVID-19 case.
- Per the OCCHD, individuals who are fully vaccinated do not need to quarantine if exposed. However, anyone with symptoms needs to isolate until they can test or receive an alternative diagnosis.
- Schools will notify parents if their child has been exposed at school and provide Symptom Guidance
- Anyone with a positive COVID-19 test will be required to isolate regardless of vaccination status.
- Our dedicated operations team will continue to deep clean and sanitize our school facilities, and all staff members will continue to encourage thorough handwashing. Hand sanitizer will also be readily available for students.
- Where possible, we will continue to observe social distancing.
- Anyone with a fever, diarrhea, or vomiting must stay home until 24 hours symptom-free. It is more important than ever that you do not send your child to school if they are feeling unwell until you know the cause of their illness.
If my child is in quarantine, and I want to do the 7-day option, how do I provide the negative test results? Every student that is sent home defaults to the 10-day quarantine option. If you would like to do the 7-day option, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to notify your choice. You will need to provide a documented negative test. Make sure to conduct the test on Day 5 or later outlined in the exposure notification email. Email a scan or picture of the negative Covid results to email@example.com, or email us that you will send it with your student when they return symptom-free to school on Day 8. Your student cannot return without this documentation provided.
- My child tested negative on Day 6 of their quarantine, can they return earlier than the 7-day date given in the notification email? No. They will need to complete either the 7 full-day or 10 full-day option even if they tested negative on Day 5 or later. This is to continue to monitor symptoms.
- Are at-home tests accepted to end a quarantine? No. Covid testing to return from a quarantine can be either Rapid Antigen, Rapid PCR, or Standard PCR and must be collected at a testing facility, clinic, or other medical facilities. At-home tests will not be accepted.
- What if my child develops symptoms (mild or not) during quarantines? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 405-340-2935 to discuss.
More than 25,000 students have returned to Edmond Public Schools for in-class instruction, five days a week. The Return to Learning Plan outlines this process.
YOUR ONE-STOP SHOP FOR DIGITAL CONNECTIONS - Infinite Campus, Child Nutrition, Chromebook Troubleshooting, WiFi Needs, AND More!
ADMINISTRATORS & COUNSELORS
Gabe Schmidt - Lead Principal, 7th Grade
Sarah Dobbs - Principal, 8th Grade
Dr. Kacy Harsha - Principal, 6th Grade
Lauren Lubbers - 8th Grade Counselor
Jessica Cook - 7th Grade Counselor
Teresa Murray - 6th Grade Counselor
Cimarron’s School Resource Officers: Sgt. Littles & Sgt. Pearson - Welcome Video