Just the Facts..September 16, 2020
What Starts Here Changes The World...
Hello Lakeside Families and Friends,
Please continue to refer to the CISD Return to School page on the district website (https://www.coppellisd.com/returntoschool) for additional updates.
Thank you for being a part of our WORLD CHANGING community.
From our Counselor
Longhorns of the Week will begin next Friday, September 25th.
- One student will be recognized from each class on the Friday morning announcements and with a special award delivered to the classroom. Students will be chosen for displaying the character quality of patience.
Citizens of Character will look different this year.
- We are planning an event in December and another in the spring with social distancing in mind. The character qualities to be recognized at the December event will be patience and resilience. More details to come.
News you can use...
Valley Ranch Baptist Church is currently accepting applications from families who could use some extra help this holiday season and would like to participate in their annual Christmas Store. Please email our counselor, Mrs. Davis at email@example.com or Nurse Lander at firstname.lastname@example.org to request an information packet (please include your student’s name). The deadline to request a packet is September 18th.
Some Reminders & Noteworthy Items
- iPads...Please bring your fully charged iPad to school everyday. iPads are a required resource. We do not have additional iPads that can be checked out.
- Tardies will begin tomorrow morning. All of our face to face kids need to be in the building and in their room by the time the 7:40 tardy bell rings.
- Masks - please remember to send a mask and possibly a back up with your child.
- Water bottles - please remember to send a labeled and refillable water bottle with your child.
Our fabulous PTO has purchased breakaway lanyards for our children and staff. We will be distributing those lanyards at the start of next week. When your child comes home with this red mask lanyard we urge you to label it with your child's name. If you already have a preferred lanyard or if you choose not to use the lanyard you are welcome to send it back or not use it. We will be unable to replace missing lanyards. *Lanyards went home this week.
Speaking of our fabulous PTO. They have also supported our campus with teacher desk shields, some student desk shields for specialized programs, and supplies for our secondary clinic.
Thank you to our AMAZING PTO and thank you to our families that support and partner with our PTO for the benefit of our kids!
Next PTO Meeting
- October 5, 2020 at 7:00 pm
- ZOOM Meeting ID: 933 7721 5052 .Passcode: PTO
This will be our Zoom link for all future 2020-2021 school year Zoom meetings.
- Please save this link for your records.
If you are a part of the Lakeside Community, you are automatically a member of the PTO.
This is a great way to stay informed about what is happening on campus and throughout the district.
I hope you will join us.