August 13, 2021
Dear Marysville Families
I am looking forward to seeing you all again soon.
I recognize that there are many concerns as COVID -19 cases are again on the rise because of the Delta-Variant.
At Marysville we are committed to to to keeping everyone as safe as possible. Below I have detailed our current safety protocols. These may be updated as we respond to ever changing circumstances.
- Everyone will wear masks at all times in the building and on the school grounds.
- Students will enter the school in four separate locations according to grade level. Please see the map below for locations.
- At this time we are requesting families to remain masked and outside for arrival and dismissal.
- Families may make an appointment if needed to visit the office or school.
- Students will be spaced minimum three feet apart in the classroom and common areas of the building.
- Classes will eat lunches outside. We have purchased mats for all students to sit on while eating lunch, picnic style, on the grass, three feet apart. In case of rain, students will eat outside under the covered areas.
- Students will have 2-3 outdoor recesses a day and may take a mask break as long as they are watching their distance from other students.
- Students may use the play structures, but will wear a mask when they can not maintain distance from each other.
- We will all practice our 3 W's - Wear a Mask, Wash our Hands, Watch our Distance
Please visit the district Back to School web page for more information. PPS.net/BacktoSchool2021
Health and Safety Measures
Visit Portland Public Schools’ 2021-22 School Year Health and Safety Measures webpage to find the most recent information on the district’s health and safety measures.
Please reach out to me with any questions or concerns.
We are a strong community that prioritizes collective care. We will make this work, together!
General School Opening Information
2nd - 5th grade First Day of School (Wednesday September 1st)
1st Grade Ramp Up Days
Students with last names beginning with A-L are scheduled to attend their “ramp up” day on Wednesday, September 1st
Students with last names beginning M-Z are scheduled to attend their “ramp up” day on Thursday, September 2nd
All 1st grade students attend school on Friday September 3rd
Kindergarten First Day of School (September 8th)
The first day of school for all kindergarten students will be on Wednesday, September 8th. The school day starts at 8:40 a.m. and ends at 3:00 p.m. You can go to the PPS calendar to find additional dates for the school year.
Kindergarten Family Conversations (September 1st or 2nd)
Teachers will be scheduling individual family conversations by video chat, phone, or in person. Your kindergarten teacher will call to schedule an appointment with you on August 25th. Discussion questions may include the following:
What are your hopes and dreams for your child this year?
What do you most want me to know and understand about your child?
What questions can I answer that will help your family feel ready for Kindergarten?
Kindergarten Ramp Up Days (September 3rd or 7th - note date change)
Prior to the first day of school, your student will have a chance to come in for one full-day “warm up” on either Friday, September 3rd or Tuesday, September 7th.
Students with a last name beginning with A-L will come to Marysville on Friday, September 3rd, from 8:40 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Students with a last name beginning with M-Z will come to Marysville on Tuesday, September 7th, from 8:40 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Students meet at the K-1 entrance on the south side of the building.
We have compiled a list of supplies that would be helpful for your student. Supplies will be individual next year in order to reduce the risk of spreading germs. These supplies are suggestions and not mandatory.
Beginning August 16th, our school secretary, Melinda Leong, will be available Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 3:45 p.m., to answer questions by phone (503-916-6363) or email (email@example.com). You can also contact her to schedule an in-person appointment.
Before and After Care