The Wright Review
2015 - 2016 Third Grade Weekly News
Thankful for Warmer Weather!
Our afternoons are much more productive after a good outdoor recess.
- Math:We finished up Unit 7! The class as a whole did really well. We still need to focus on proper rechecking skills and showing our work.
- Reading: We will talk more in depth about Folktales and Fables and how to compare themes.
- Grammar: Verbs! Subject-Verb Agreement and Tenses.
- Science: We will have a few sound experiments next week.
Valentine's Day and Fables
The Goal: To create a fable-inspired Valentine box where classmates can easily deliver your Valentine cards.
Our class is studying the genre of fables. Students drew a fable out of a hat. Each child will create a Valentine box representing his/her fable. They can integrate any of the following:
· The main character (an animal)
· The fable’s setting
· The story’s theme
The boxes are due February 10th.
If you would like to order books for your child through scholastic's website, please click on the link above. Checks can still be sent to the classroom and I will mail the orders.
- February 10th: Valentine's Boxes are due
- February 15th and 16th: No School!