Ida Jew Academy Parent Newsletter
Ida Jew Academy
Welcome to November! November, reminds us to be thankful (Gratitude is the best attitude). This month let us remind our students of the importance of gratitude. Our teachers/ staff are grateful to continue to work in collaboration with our students at a very interesting time in their lives TK-8 n support of academic excellence.
The new time change is upon us and as the saying goes we "Fall back". Let us remember to fall back into gratitude of each other, our students and our school community. Letting someone know your grateful is contagious and strengthens understanding. As a reminder, communicating gratitude for even the smallest things also communicates understanding. Have a great week and thank you for supporting our school community.
School Community Recognition
- Students: We will be hosting our Trimester Awards Ceremony on Friday November, 22 2019 from 8:30- 10:30am in recognition of student excellence.
- Parents/ Families: We would like to thank all our parents who provided support last week at our Halloween Parade, Harvest Festival and Dia de Los Muertos Celebration.
- Teachers and Staff: Thank you Mr. Meza for organizing our Harvest Festival in collaboration with our parents and teachers. Thank you, ALAS site team for organizing and planning our Dia de Los Muertos Event
- Community: Thank you, Mexico Bakery on Story Road for providing our school with a donation of Pan Dulce and Pan de Muerto in celebration of Dia de Los Muertos.
Gratitude- Teaching and Learning
Gratitude Garden: In support of "cultivating gratitude" we will be having students generate messages that communicate gratitude and placing them in the garden beds of the school. We will be placing the messages in the gardens throughout the month of November leading up to the Thanksgiving break.
- Home to School Connection: Teaching gratitude is a life long practice that communicates understanding and appreciation. Students interact with others based on how they learn to interact with others.
Note: Our parent newsletter includes some important information about upcoming events/ announcements and communication. We will also be regularly updating information on our facebook page, web site and school marquee.
Ida Jew Academy
408-223-3750 Ext. 77100
School Site Council Nominations
School Site Council is an school advisory group made up of 4 parents, 1 student, 3 Teachers, 2 Administrators which participates in the development of the school site plan. If you are interested in having your name placed on the ballot, please complete the School Site Nomination Form (Click here) and return the Ida Jew Academy main Office, or email form to email@example.com
Our SSC meets at IJA typically 6 to 7 times throughout the school year. For more information, please contact the IJA main office.
Parent Climate Survey
Please take a few minutes to complete a School Climate Survey for our school. The survey is anonymous and only needs to be filled out once, even if you have multiple students. We are hoping to have every parent or guardian complete this short survey.
Survey Results will provide us valuable information on how we are doing as a school and help us set priorities for the future. The survey is available in English and Spanish. Please help by clicking on the link below to complete the survey."
We will send the survey link home and parents can also complete the survey at the school main office
Parent Faire 11/8
Goodwill Donation Fundraiser 12/14
(We would like to thank our parent volunteers and our librarian Mrs. Segun)
Please review some important information (Click Here)
IJA Book Fair link (click here)
Library Resources and Partnership with IJA
Upcoming Events / Announcements
- Nov. 4-15 Parent Teacher Conferences
- Nov. 11 Veterans Day (No School)
- Nov. 13 Family Dine Out: El Pollo Loco 3:00-9:00pm
- Nov. 18 School Site Council Meeting @3:00pm Room 6
- Nov. 22 Trimester Awards 8:30-10:30am
- Nov. 23- Dec. 1 Thanksgiving Break (No School)
- Dec. 2 Winter Concert 6:30-8:30pm
- Dec. 4- Coffee with the Principal
- Dec. 6 Parent Faire
- Dec. 19 Winter Dance 3:30- 8:00pm