September 16, 2018
Family Cafe Opens for Lunch
Our Family Cafe will open on Monday, September 17th. If you or a family member plans to come in for lunch, here are a few reminders regarding our building procedures:
- While it's not necessary to make reservations, we do recommend that either send in a note or call the office if you plan to have lunch. That way we will be prepared to have a conversation with your student should you be running late for the lunch time.
- In many cases our schedules are very tight, so arriving at the start of lunch and having students returned to the office at the end of lunch are appreciated so that instructional time can be maintained.
- Adult family members should be prepared to have photo identification on them for entry into the building. Photo identification is used to create our visitor passes.
- You have an option to eat either in our family cafe, our outside in our gazebo courtyard while the weather cooperates.
- Students may want to join their classmates outside for recess after lunch. Recess is included in the 32 minutes that students have to eat. Check with the main office regarding a time to have your student returned to the office so that they will be able to join their friends outside. Please do not return students to the cafeteria, our office staff will assist with them rejoining their schedule.
Dismissal from School
Please send a note into school with your child if you have plans to pick them up for an appointment during the day. This will allow our office staff to be prepared for the transition. Students will be called to the office upon your arrival at school so that they may continue with their instructional programs.
Notification about a pick up at the end of the day allows our office staff to have the appropriate communication with teachers regarding our end of the day routines. Should your plans change, you should notify the main office at 637-1840 so that we can update our records and make any necessary changes known to the teacher. Everyday pick-ups can be arranged by writing one note, but please remember to notify the office if an emergency forces those plans to change.
Calls for an afternoon pick up should be placed to the school by 2:30. Anything after that time makes it difficult notify the classroom teacher about the dismissal procedures. When you arrive at school, you will sign the student out in the main office and wait in the foyer until our staff arrives in the cafeteria. Students will be released to the cafeteria for pick-up at 3:20.
Grade Three Families
Fun Run at the Stadium!
Friday, Sep. 28th, 4pm
40 Allen Street
Approximate start times are listed below:
4:00 - Third Grade Boys
4:10 - Third Grade Girls
4:20 - Second Grade Boys
4:30 - Second Grade Girls
There will be registration forms distributed this week in physical education classes. Students must be registered to participate, and we will be unable to accept late entries past the deadline listed on the registration form.
This will be an exciting night on campus as it is also our Homecoming evening. There will be a parade along with food truck concessions available before the football game. Please note that we will be closing our campus road to traffic for the parade, so families are encourage to exit the stadium as soon as possible if they do not intend to stay for the Homecoming activities. Barclay students must be signed out at the stadium exit before you leave the event.