What are the dangers?
You could be talking to total a stranger, then be friends....they'll make you feel safe and comfortable. After that they will tell you to do something inappropriate....trust me you will regret it. Don't trust someone you don't know!
Consequences of not being safe online
If you don't stay safe online then the consequence will be, E.G: A stranger might text you saying " come at McDonald's at 8:00 pm " you, go and they will kidnap you and you may never see your family ever again.
How you can resolve unsafe situations
You could : Tell a adult
Speak to a teacher
speak to child line or click the button below
What to do to be safe online rules
- Don’t post any personal information online – like your address, email address or mobile number.
- Think carefully before posting pictures or videos of yourself. Once you’ve put a picture of yourself online most people can see it and may be able to download it, it’s not just yours anymore.
- Respect other people’s views, even if you don’t agree with someone else’s views doesn’t mean you need to be rude
- If you see something online that makes you feel uncomfortable, unsafe or worried: leave the website, turn off your computer if you want to and tell a trusted adult immediately.
- Remember that not everyone online is who they say they are
What NOT to do to be safe online rules
- Meeting up with people you don`t know.
- Post nude pictures on social networks that can stay online forever.
- Give away personal details.
- Don`t put your account on private.
- Tell strangers EVERYTHING.