The Panther Press
September 30, 2022
Mark Your Calendars!
3rd- 7th: Custodial Appreciation Week
4th: Picture Day
7th: Go Pink for Breast Cancer Awareness
12th- Wear YELLOW for character trait RESPECT
24th-28th: Red Ribbon Week
26th- Marco's Pizza Spirit Night
31st- Book Character Parade
Picture Day- October 4th
Picture Day is coming 10/4/22! Order before Picture Day to receive free shipping to the school. Order online at https://inter-state.com/FlyerEntry/70275TF.
Go Pink for Breast Cancer Awareness
Character Counts Week
Red Ribbon Week
50th Day of School
Morgan Elementary House System
Today was House Slide in day for our new Panthers! Read below to find out more about Morgan Elementary's House System.
Attendance is very important to your child’s success in school and is required by law that your child attends school regularly and that you monitor their attendance. Students are considered absent if they are not in school before 9:45 a.m. After 10 unexcused absences, court proceedings may be initiated.
When your student is absent from school, the student upon arrival or return to school, and within 5 days of the absence must bring a note signed by the parent, medical professional, or court official giving the date(s) of the absence(s) and describing the reason for the absence.
We appreciate your support in ensuring that your child receives all his/her instruction daily.
Response to Absences
3 unexcused absences- Attendance letter sent home
5 unexcused absences- Phone call and letter sent home
6 unexcused absences- Parent meeting with Attendance Review Committee
8 unexcused absences- Parent meeting with grade-level Administrator
10 unexcused absences- Truancy filed
Celebrating Our Teachers and Staff
Thank you to those of you that shared words of appreciation about our staff. Dr. Gibson and Mrs. Simoneaux visited classrooms to share these shout outs. Teachers and staff members were touched by the kind words.
If you would like would like to recognize an amazing teacher or staff member, please use the linked form and let that person know how much you appreciate them.
We had a great turn out for our Watch Dogs Kick-Off Night. If you weren't able to attend, the presentation is posted below. To sign up for a Watch Dogs time, click here.
Please Leave Toys at Home
Important Campus Reminders
View Progress Report/Report Card in Family Access
Children must be free of fever (less than 100.0 degrees) for 24 hours without the use of fever reducing medications (such as Tylenol or Advil / Motrin) before returning to school. Children must be free of diarrhea for 24 hours before returning to school and need to be eating and drinking without any problem. If a child vomits two or more times within 24 hours, they will need to stay home for at least 24 hours to ensure they are not contagious.
Please call the school nurse if your child has been diagnosed with a contagious condition such as pink eye, strep throat, chicken pox, head lice, impetigo, ringworm, flu or has vomiting and/or diarrhea.
- All students arriving at school by car must be dropped off from the car rider line.
- For the safety of everyone, parents are not permitted to park in the front parking lot and walk students up to the front door.
- Please drive all the way up to the first drop-off point where a staff member/safety patrol student will be ready to receive cars.
- We ask that your child be ready when it is time to unload. This means they must have their lanyard w/Smart Tag on, water bottle/lunch kit, and backpack on.
- For safety reasons, we are not able to unbuckle safety restraints.
- All students will exit the car on the passenger side, and all adults need to stay inside their vehicles.
- If you arrive after the bell rings at 7:30 am, for safety reasons parents will need to park and come in with their children to get them checked into the front office.
- Please remember that breakfast is served from 7:00-7:30. If your child is eating breakfast at school, please drop them off in the mornings with enough time to allow them to eat in the cafeteria, as all students are required to be in class by 7:30 am.
- In order to minimize interruptions during instructional time, classroom deliveries will only be made at 10:00 am each day. Items that may be delivered at this time include snacks, birthday treats, and library books. Exceptions to this policy include eyeglasses and coats. All homework assignments will be placed in the teacher's mailbox for pick up at the teacher's earliest convenience. All items brought to school for delivery must be labeled with the student's name and teacher's name.
- Balloons, flowers, gifts, and party favors, etc., for students are not to be delivered at school at any time as they can cause a disruption in the classroom.
- Any changes in the normal transportation of your child must be stated in writing with a parent/guardian signature. We ask for everyone's help in not making changes frequently. However, we understand that unexpected changes will need to happen in rare cases. These can be called into the front office by 2:00 pm. We are not able to process changes after 2:00 pm. This includes parents that come to the campus without prior notice to pick up their child. Any change in transportation arrangements for any student requires a note to the teacher. Make sure you write your child's first and last name, teacher's name, and indicate the date (s) for the change and how the child is going to get home. We ask that parents not email the change since there may be times that a teacher is not in attendance or does not have a chance to read their email.
Friends of Morgan
Follow our Friends of Morgan on Facebook and the website by clicking the buttons below. Friends of Morgan is our Parent Teacher Organization that will support the faculty, students and parents of Morgan Elementary.
Since we are a new school, they are currently working through the process for being able to fundraise to provide amazing opportunities for our Morgan Panther staff and students.
We love volunteers! As we work to build our volunteer base and systems, FOM will be working with the campus to coordinate volunteer activities. More information to come.
Contact Information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Morgan Elementary Parent Handbook
This handbook has been designed to give you a quick, brief list of answers to questions, which
may arise, concerning Morgan Elementary School’s operational procedures.
Our campus wide newsletters will supplement the information herein, but if procedure or policy questions are still unanswered you may refer to the Elementary Student Handbook or contact our school to clarify these concerns.
Dress Code Reminder
Students can wear the clothing of their choice, as long as it conforms to the LCISD Dress Code Policy. Access the dress code policy in the LCISD Elementary Student/Parent handbook. (Dress and Grooming: Pages 34-36)
- Crop tops are not permitted per district dress code.
- Shorts must fall at mid-thigh length
Spirit Wear Days
Mondays - Themed Day - Panthers Glow for Success
Fridays - Charger Fridays - wear your Charger spirit wear or grade level Friday shirts.
We will update our page as often as possible to share as much as we can about Morgan and the achievements of the students and staff, as well as other relevant campus and district information.
Please click on the PDF below to access the Morgan Elementary Facebook page policy.
Messages for school staff will not be checked or responded to on Facebook. If anyone would like to reach school staff, please do so by calling the campus or emailing the appropriate staff member for assistance. Our campus phone number will be posted soon.
Fletcher Morgan Jr. Elementary
Jana Simoneaux, Asst. Principal email@example.com
Jill Medve, Counselor firstname.lastname@example.org
Catherine Noriega, Administrative Assistant email@example.com
Location: 32727 School Hill Road Fulshear, Texas