Colts Express News
May 20, 2019
- Finishing the Year Strong: Many of our students during this time of year get very excited about summer and sometimes do not make the same good choices they normally make throughout the year. Our staff is continuing to provide meaningful learning opportunities and events to keep them engaged. We have been reminding them of our Colt Core Values: Do Our Best, Be Responsible, and Take Care of Each Other to keep them informed of our expectations. If you can also remind them of our core values and to finish the year strong, that will be appreciated. Looking forward to a great end of the year!
- Last Week of State Testing: Our students have worked hard on their state testing these past two weeks. Our third graders are finished and our fourth and fifth graders are half way through. This week is the last week. The remaining schedule for testing is below. Here are four basic tips that will help your student during testing: get a good night's rest, eat a good breakfast, try your best, and have a good attitude!
- Parent Input for Student Placement for the 19-20 School Year: As in year's past, you have the option to share information that will help us make a good teacher placement for your child for next school year. Please remember that we do not take specific teacher requests. Please complete the form by June 7 if you wish to have the information used in making a class placement. If you click on the following link it will take you to the google survey: https://forms.gle/r34EgMxK6vnux2Pd6
- Field Day: We are very much looking forward to this annual event on Friday, May 31. Thanks to the many of you who are volunteering to help make this day possible. In the event that we need to reschedule due to weather, the weather make-up day will be Monday, June 3, at the same times.
- 5th Grade Promotion Ceremony on June 4 at 8:30 AM: This is an exciting day for our fifth grade students and their families! We look forward to honoring their accomplishments and hard work as they prepare for their journey to middle school. We will open our doors for seating for this event at 7:40 AM. Parents and family members will not be able to enter before that time due to student breakfast.
- Lost & Found: All lost and found items left at the end of the school year will be donated. Please be sure to check if your child has lost any items before June 5.
- Summer Hours: Beginning June 10, we will begin our summer hours. We will be open Monday-Thursday from 7:15-3:45.
Upcoming Important Dates
- 5/21: 4th Grade SC Ready Testing - Math
- 5/22: 4th Grade PASS Testing - Science
- 5/23: 5th Grade SC Ready Testing - Math; Last Day for School Store
- 5/24: 5th Grade PASS Testing - Social Studies
- 5/27: Memorial Day - No School
- 5/31: Field Day - K/1st/2nd from 8:15-10:25 & 3rd/4th/5th from 11:30-1:40
- 6/3: Weather Make-Up Day for Field Day if Needed
- 6/4: 11:00 AM Dismissal
- 6/5: Last Day of School - 11:00 AM Dismissal
Springfield Elementary School
Click on the SES button to be redirected to our school website for additional information.