The Secret Life of Bees
By Sue Monk Kidd
Summary of the book
A teenager who is struggling of her mothers death. She also plays a person who is in love. Also very happy in the company of the sisters and she always wants to learn something new.
She is Lilies helper. A strong person, who does not allow to be humiliated and as a result of that she is also naive (she does not think about the consequences).
The oldest of the 3 sisters. She is also very wise (she spreads her knowledge to Lily and to the readers) and she is a generous person because she allowed Lily and Rosaleen to stay at their house.
At first she was presented as a sharp person. She did not trust Lily and she acted mean against her but later the story she settled and accepted Lily.
She is the youngest of the 3 sisters. She is a very kind person and also the most pure-hearted one. She is also in a some kind of mental disorder because her twin sister April has died and she could not get threw her death
About the Author
- She graduated from Texas Christian University with a Bachelor of Science in nursing
- She took writing courses in her 30s
- Her 3 first books were spiritual memoirs describing her experience in contemplative Christianity
- Her first novel, also the most famous one ( The Secret Life of Bees) was released in 2002
- She wrote also: The Mermaid Chair, The Invention of Wings, The Dance of the Dissident Daughter,...
10 interesting facts about bees
- Honey Bees are assigned jobs based on their age
- Honey Bees do not always die when stinging something
- Honey Bees know the world is round and can calculate angles
- It would only take about one ounce of honey to fuel a Honey Bee for a flight around the world
- Honey Bees are cold blooded
- Honey Bees are not native to the Americas
- The queen kills her mating partner after the mating
- The new queen has a choice to take an additional small swarm and leaves the hive to start a new one or she kills the other potential candidates for the queen and stays in the same hive
- The bees know if the queen dies by smell
- Changing queens will change the personality and the behaviour of the bees
You can go on this link for an extra explanation of the facts=> http://www.todayifoundout.com/index.php/2010/12/10-amazzzzing-bee-facts-infographic/