What is a Proof?
to reach a conclusion. Each step of the process is supported by a theorem, postulate or definition verifying why the step is possible.
Coordinate Geometry Proof
- Draw and label the graph
- State all formulas - Slope and Distance
- Show all work
- Have a concluding sentence
Midpoint= (x,y)= (x1+x2/2 , y1+y2/2)
Ways to write geometry proofs
- A two-column geometric proof consists of a list of statements, and the reasons that we know those statements are true.
- A paragraph proof is only a two-column proof written in sentences.
In a direct proof, the conclusion to be proved is shown to be true directly as a result of the other circumstances of the situation.
In an indirect proof, instead of showing that the conclusion to be proved is true, you show that all of the alternatives are false.
- Schoology notes from Intergrated math 1 coursework unit 6
- Youtube Videos