Grapevine Mustang Band
Week of Dec 13
Notes from the Directors:
Good afternoon Mustang Band!
- Congratulations to all of the bands at GHS on a FANTASTIC performance last night! See below for link--Due to copyright laws, please only share with Family and Friends. Please do not share this link publicly or it will be removed.
- Thank you to the Grapevine-Colleyville Education Foundation! Today the GHS Band was awarded a $4,000 Foundation Grant to purchase microphones, stands, cables, and other electronics for recording. These are all essential to our current teaching model and future contest/evaluation models. The items purchased with the grant will be used for many years to come. We could not be more THANKFUL for this great gift!
- Band Placements will be released later today. Along with the results will be a schedule for each group's in-person rehearsals. All students enrolled in Band are expected to attend all of their in-person rehearsals. Students should plan ahead to avoid any conflicts and contact their band director immediately with any issues. Please refer to the band handbook regarding excuses/unexcused absences.
- TMEA Phase 2 and 9th Grade results will be released at the beginning of the week.
- Raise money for your individual band account with Scrip. Buy e-gift cards now! See below for info.
- STUDENTS MUST TURN IN ALL MISSING ASSIGNMENTS BY TUESDAY, DECEMBER 15.
- It is likely we will have a football game next FRIDAY or SATURDAY. This will be dependent on a Mustang Victory. We will know who/where/when early next week.
Thank you Grapevine-Colleyville Education Foundation!
Please only share with Family and Friends. Please do not share publicly, due to copyright laws.
H-E-B is a Corporate Sponsor of the UIL and has its annual H-E-B Scholarship Program for Community Service Excellence opportunity. Nominees must have the following submitted to https://www.sportsinaction.com/scholarship/ by no later than Feb. 3, 2021:
- Minimum 3.3 GPA
- Number of Community Service Hours completed in the last 12 months
- Community Service Verification Letters to document the number of hours submitted
- A Letter of Recommendation
- A Short Essay (500 words or less) on the topic: “What does Community mean to you?”
There will be 15 total winners – 5 each in music, academics and athletics – and each will be awarded $2,000 from H-E-B. An announcement of the winners will be March 9, 2021. Please make your students and/or support staff aware of this opportunity.
Get your football tickets for MPS
They will be limited to 4-tickets per transaction.
All students and parents must join the Remind Groups. We use Remind to communicate quickly during events and will only send out messages that are important for everyone. Visit the band website for details.
How to pay your band fees online
You may pay for your child’s fees easily with a credit card using a Pay Pal account. To use this feature, click on the “Finances” button then choose the “Make A Trip Payment” button. If you have not set up a Pay Pal account, you will be given an option to do so. Choose to pay using your credit card, debit card, or bank account. Make secure purchases without revealing your credit card number or financial information to the GHS Band or the CHARMS system. PayPal offers one of the safest platforms for online commerce with fraud rates at a fraction of those of typical e-commerce offerings. PayPal offers ease and flexibility, accepting all major credit cards (Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and American Express), as well as all major debit cards and direct transfers. Please be aware that there is a fee to pay by credit card.