Oak Grove Newsletter - October 8, 2021
As always, please let us know if there is anything we can do to help your student(s) be successful and please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions. The Oak Grove phone number is 913-288-3900.
¿Necesita traducción de este boletín? Abrir el boletín en su navegador de Internet, luego en la esquina inferior en la derecha verá un ícono de una persona, haga clic en el ícono, haga clic en “Traducir boletín” y seleccione el idioma que necesita en el menú desplegable.
October 15th - No School (End of 1st Quarter)
October 20th and 21st - Parent Teacher Conferences
October 21st - No School (Conferences)
October 22nd - No School
Meet Ms. Kirk, 4th Grade Teacher
Hi, I’m Ella Kirk! This is my third year teaching, but my first year here at Oak Grove. My first year of teaching was in 5th grade, and this is my second year as a 4th grade teacher. I graduated from Kansas State University in 2019 and I now live in Overland Park, KS. I have an almost 2-year-old Black Lab German Shepard mix named Marlo. When I am not at school, I love spending time with friends and family, watching sports, and finding fun, new things to do around the KC area!
FALL PARENT/TEACHER CONFERENCES
You are also able to schedule a separate conference with any of our specials teachers using the link below. Please let us know if you have any questions about this new format.
Friday, October 29th
Similar to last year, we will not be having a Halloween Parade; however students may wear costumes to school on the day of their party. The following rules will apply:
- Students should arrive at school in their costume. They will not be allowed to change into costumes after arrival.
- The following are NOT permitted:
→ Masks (students will be required to wear their daily facemask)
→ Face paint
→ Violent or inappropriate themes
→ Gory or grotesque costumes
→ Props (no swords, weapons, wands, false teeth, etc.)
- Costumes may not cause disruption or distraction to the classroom. Costumes may not interfere with students sitting at their desks. Students must be able to wear their costume inside or outside, at recess, at P.E., on the bus, etc.
- Costumes should not interfere with the ability of a student to go to the bathroom by themselves.
- Any student that arrives in a costume not appropriate for school will need to be picked up or have a change of clothes dropped off for them.
- Similar to last year, parents or volunteers will not be allowed in the building for Halloween parties.
- If you would like to send candy, please be sure that it is pre-packaged and individually wrapped.
- All items must come to school with students. Parents are requested to not drop items off in the office to be delivered to classrooms.
School picture retakes will be November 4th. Look for additional information in the coming weeks.
THS Lil Leaders Cheerleading Clinic
The deadline to sign up for the Turner High School cheerleaders’ Lil Leaders clinic has passed. If you registered for this program, please note that the schedule is as follows:
Mon. Oct. 11 from 6 pm - 7:15 pm – Cheer clinic is in the THS Gym
Tues. Oct. 12 from 6 pm - 7:15 pm – Cheer clinic is on the THS football field
Wed. Oct. 13 from 6 pm – 7:15 pm – Cheer clinic is in the THS Gym.
Fri. Oct. 15 at 6:30 pm – Lil Leaders need to be at the THS football field ready to perform.
Major Savor Fundraiser
Our school is excited to participate in the annual Major Saver fundraiser. All students are able to participate in their “online” campaign to help our school. Please see information below on how you can participate:
- Purchase Major Saver Cards by visiting www.majorsaver.com
- Generate a CUSTOM LINK to send to friends and family by going to https://www.majorsaver.com/dynamic/
- All cards purchased online will be mailed to customer.
- Participating students can earn prizes for online sales.
- Cards may be purchased from other areas.
- Validation dates vary for each district.
- Prizes will be delivered to school within two weeks of the campaign closing date.
Thank you so much for your participation in the PTA September membership drive. Ms. Belinda’s Pre-K class won the ice cream party, Ms. Stone’s 4th grade class won a cupcake party, and Ms. Redelsheimer’s 3rd grade class won a cookie party. Congratulations to the treat-winners!
We had a great response to our trash bag fundraiser, which ended Oct. 6. We expect to have the trash bags here in time for parents to pick up during parent teacher conferences on Oct. 20 and 21. More details about parent trash-bag pick up will be in next week’s newsletter.
Let’s bring back family dinner! Please see the flyer below for information on PTA’s meal delivery fundraiser. Orders are due by Oct. 18!
Culver’s Fundraiser Night
Lunch Menu, October 11th - 14th
Super Nachos or Taco Salad
Pizza Grilled Cheese or Strawberry Chicken Salad
Chili or Chicken Caesar Salad
Chicken Nuggets or Sweet n Sour Chicken Salad
Turner Aquatics Center
TURNER REC ALL DAY OUT PROGRAM
Turner Recreation Commission offers childcare on the days school is out during the school year! This program is operated at the TRC Community Center and includes daily activities that help develop character and focus on health and wellness. The fee is only $15/day per child. Below are the upcoming days:
September 17th (Deadline to register is September 8th)
October 15th (Deadline to register is October 6th)
October 20th-22nd (Deadline to register is October 6th)
November 1st (Deadline to register is October 27th)
December 20th-23rd (Deadline to register is December 8th)
December 27th-30th (Deadline to register is December 8th)
Click here for more information & registration!