Mrs. Tax's Kindergarten Class
Week of February 7, 2016
News and Events
- Monday, February 8, 100th Day of School!
- Friday, February 12 at 1:15, Valentine's Day Party
- Thursday, February 18, Family Voices/Community Outreach Night at the Montford Center
- Thursday, February 25, Tea & Talk with the Superintendent for Claxton Families
VALENTINE'S DAY PARTY!
Our class celebration will be at 1:15 on Friday, February 12. The class will be rotating through 4 different activities. Please let me know if you would like to help out in one of our 4 centers:
- Valentine Bingo
- Valentine Craft
- Stack the Conversation Hearts Race
- Pass out Valentines to Classmates- story if time allows
After the fun games and activities, we would like to have a little party food. If you are able to donate any of the following items, please let me or Meg know. An email is already circulating!
- mini cupcakes
- pink, red, or purple fruit
- yougurt pretzels
- Valentine plates, napkins and cups
For the remainder of the year, I will send home a homework packet in addition to the reading log and sight words. It is to be turned in on Friday and there will be 4 pages with the idea that your child completes one every night. The reading log will also change to include comprehension questions. Please get in touch with me if you have any questions after looking through the packet and log.
Please continue to work on sight words at home. There are many words in their homework books that cannot be decoded so they must be memorized. We have an incentive in the classroom. When a student learns 3 sets of sight words, they add their name to our ice cream cone and get a certificate from Kilwin's for a free scoop of ice cream! For each additional 3 sets of words memorized, they add their name to another scoop. We want to see everyone's name on the first scoop!