Arabic 1 Newsletter Monday
Lesson 4 Starts Today (9/28-& Progress Report)
CLICK HERE to hear our class Avatar introducing lesson 4.
In this lesson, students will learn :
- How to voice out and write four letters of the Arabic alphabet : ع = Ayn - غ = Ghayn - ف = Faa – ق = Qaaf
- How to identify the different shapes of these 4 letters in their different positions in a word.
- The use of 3 characters ة / ـة= Taa Marbouta, ى= Alif Maqsoura, آ= Alif-Madda التاء المربوطة - الألف المقصورة - ألف المدّة
- How to count in Arabic from 11 to 20.
- Learn the value of respecting the elderly in the Arabic culture.
What assignments are due by Sunday, March 1st?
Assignment 4.2 (Coaching Session) – Ongoing assignment through the week
Assignment 4.3 (Speaking & Reading) –Due day 3 of this week
Assignment 4.4 (Lesson 4 Writing) –Due day 4 of this week
End of Lesson 4 Number Quiz – Due at the end of this week
End of Lesson 4 Grammar & Vocab Quiz – Due at the end of this week
Contact your Teacher via text, BB IM or phone call.
Past due assignments!!!
- Assignment 3.1 (Arab Scientists- Discussion Board)
- Assignment 3.2 (Coaching Session)
- Assignment 3.3 (Lesson 3 Comprehension)
- Assignment 3.4 (Lesson 3 Writing)
- Assignment 3.5 (End of Lesson 3 Quizzes (Writing & Speaking)
- Assignment 2.1 (Greeting Custom- Discussion Board)
- Assignment 2.2 (Coaching Session)
- Assignment 2.3 (Lesson 2 Comprehension)
- Assignment 2.4 (Listening & Dictation)
- End of Lesson 2 Quizzes (Writing & Speaking)
- Culture Corner Fun Facts Quiz
- Assignment 1.1 (Lesson 1 Writing assignment)
- Assignment 1.2 (Coaching Session)
- Assignment 1.3 (Listening & Speaking)
- End of Lesson 1 Quiz
**You should print out a copy of this document and use as a check-off list to ensure that you complete everything, thoroughly, and on time. This is only a schedule of the assignments that you are to complete.
*If you miss a coaching session, make sure you make it up ASAP!