- Born Decemeber 18, 1856 in Manchester, United Kingdom.
- British physicist
- Cathode rays was made of unknown negative charged particles or electrons.
- Credited for the findings of isotopes
- 1906 won nobel prize for discovery of electrons and working with chemical gases.
- Test cathode rays
- Produced them inside a tube on the left past threw the anode into the main bell jar where they were defected by magnet.
- Support that cathode rays was electrically charged.
- As the cathode rays carried a charge of negative electricity they are deflected by an electrostatic force as if they were negatively electrified.
- He believed they emerged from the molecules of gas in the vicinity of the cathode.