September 25th, 2020
This newsletter will cover:
- Mindfulness Coaching & Resources
- Second Step Family Resources
Take Time to Infuse Mindfulness
Research is beginning to show the incredible power that mindfulness can bring to children and adults. Mindfulness practices can help teachers and students manage their stress more effectively and focus their energy for learning. Mindfulness can improve cognitive performance, relieve stress, and build resiliency.
Ways to infuse mindfulness:
- Teach deep breathing
- Discuss mindfulness strategies that students use
- Take time in Morning Meetings for mindfulness
- Use mindfulness yourself as a model for your students
- Use a Mrs. McD lesson to teach mindfulness
Please visit my website for more information on Mindfulness!
Mindfulness Dojo Mini Lesson Links
• Give three redirections before inputting a minor into SWIS.
• On the second Minor referral, contact parents.
• Review classroom and school expectations to avoid misunderstanding.
• Please put “No Admin Needed”, when sending a Major referral that you are handling.
• Please send your referral to “Send for Review” if you want Heather McD or Admin to review.
• Use “ ....and copy” to make the same referral for another student
Second Step Family Resources
Please reach out to me if you need help accessing these materials on the Second Step website.