SDSL's Cornerstone Newsletter
South Dakota State Library's e-newsletter
September 8, 2022
School and Public Library Collaboration
A new school year brings fresh opportunities for collaboration! September is a great time of year for both school and public librarians to review how they collaborate with each other, because everyone is excited about planning new projects and programs and National Library Card Sign-up Month!
School and public libraries can collaborate in a variety of ways, including (but definitely not limited to!):
- Visiting each other’s libraries to get acquainted with each other and the programs that are available at each library.
- Scheduling field trips to the public library for students at all grade levels.
- Sharing each other’s programs and services on social media platforms and websites.
- Creating collaborative programs together.
- Discussing with patrons of both libraries the benefits of utilizing their access to both public and school libraries.
- Discussing with patrons of both libraries the different resources and services they may find at the other library.
The SDSL does not endorse any service or product listed in this newsletter.