The Titan Times: Week 15
The River Place Elementary (RPE) Campus Newsletter
In this Edition:
- Message from Principal Sharp
- Mark Your Calendars and Links to District and Lunch Calendars
- Leander ISD Opportunities
- Counselor's Connection Info & Message
- Ways to Stay Engaged & Volunteer for Upcoming Events
- Growing a Titan Mindset and Connection Every Day!
Our campus is truly a special place. We have dedicated educators and staff who nurture a culture of positivity, respect, integrity, determination, and excellence. In truth, I marvel at our Titan educators and staff's incredible devotion, care, ability, and aim to reach all of our Titans. We have a supportive community who helps grow a foundation of mutual respect and inclusiveness we strive and thrive in each day. We have students grow every day in every interaction on campus, and we have the opportunity and honor to impact and empower the future through it all. It is pure joy to see it all in action. Every day I am moved by what I get to see around me.
During this time of Thanksgiving, on behalf of our Titan educators and staff, I want to express our thanks to you for being an essential and vital part of your Titan(s) life through your continued support and wish you all a safe and joyous break with family and friends. We will see you back at our wonderful campus on Monday, November 28th.
Take care and be well,
Dr. Amy Sharp
Proud RPE Principal
Mark Your Calendars
- 21-25th: Fall Break- No school for staff and students
- 29th: Fall Picture Make Up Day
- 5-9th: Inclusive Schools Week
- 8th Leander ISD Board Meeting at 6:15 PM at the LEO Conference Center: River Place Elementary Will be Highlighted! Come on out to support us!
- 8th 3rd Grade Performance for Parents (RSVP link coming soon)
- 13th State Hearing and Vision Screenings Throughout the School Day
- 16th Early Release at 11:30 AM
- 19th through January 2nd Winter Break- No school for students and our staff reports back to campus on January 2nd
On January 3, 2023 students return to campus & the 3rd Nine Weeks Grading Period begins.
This details the entire school year's student holidays, staff development days, early release, etc.
MUST KNOWS FOR THE COMMUNITY
Volunteer at RPE
Run/ Read Club: Volunteers Needed
What is River Place Run/Read Club:
- A morning walk or jog is a great way to start the day and a healthy habit to form. Encourage your kids by volunteering for this event!
- It is also a great way to see your kids interact with friends in their grade level.
- We need parent support to keep this program going strong. Your words of encouragement as they run laps go a long way to encourage the students. Sign up here!
- Students will either run around the track and earn prizes, OR they may read silently to self in the gym.
- Volunteers and teachers will help set up the tables, help students get their badges, log laps run, motivate kids, give out rewards for laps run, and collect badges and take down tables when Run Club is finished. Sign up here!
- After Run Club, at 7:50, Mr. Grace will pick up the students and take them to the cafeteria. Students who have not had breakfast yet will do so then.
Time: 7:10-7:50 AM
Place: Check in at the front receptionist desk and then head to the MPR (Multi-Purpose Room across from the cafeteria)
Questions: please contact/text Tracey Schalscha at 602-558-0248
YOU MUST BE A REGISTERED LISD VOLUNTEER. Sign up here!
Run or Read Club Schedule:
If you are a family who needs support with purchasing Titan gear, please reach out to our school counselor, Ms. Jennifer Randall, at firstname.lastname@example.org
River Place Elementary Titan Community
Here are our Titan Community Communication Tools-
- River Place Elementary School Website
- Twitter Account
- PTA Facebook Page
- Remind App for River Place Insiders